Labor Party June Convention -- NOW UPDATING THE PLATFORM! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:58:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party June Convention -- NOW UPDATING THE PLATFORM! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party June Convention -- NOW UPDATING THE PLATFORM!  (Read 5742 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: June 05, 2015, 06:13:22 PM »

x AG
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 12:40:44 AM »

I second Harper City, WV.

Please remember, everyone, that while everyone is free to nominate their own city, the by-laws state that only the top three nominations will be placed on the ballot (in the past, we have broken ties by going in chronological order; whichever ones in a tie obtained the final vote for them first are selected). This means that usually, more popular convention locations are seconded by others as a way to ensure the more popular nominations obtain ballot status.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:58:10 AM »

Harper City
Paducah
Milwaukee
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »

I hate to be a by-laws buzz-kill and I haven't double-checked to be sure (and maybe we amended it at a past convention), but I am almost 100% sure that Bore/Nix are automatically endorsed. We revised our by-laws in Jan-Feb 2013 when it was rumored that Cathcon was going to pick a Labor VP to be on his ticket and contest our nomination; our ticket had a Labor P and a TPP VP (exact same scenario here). Unless something has changed, this is how it worked in past cycles:

Two Labor/Labor tickets = primary
One Labor/Labor ticket versus Labor/non-Labor ticket = Labor/Labor auto-endorsed
One Labor/non-Labor ticket versus Non-Labor/Labor ticket = Labor/non-Labor auto-endorsed
Two Labor/non-Labor tickets = primary
Two non-Labor/Labor tickets = primary

Basically, presidential selection always takes preference in a situation like this...unless of course, I have forgotten about any changes made.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:21:01 PM »

If these bylaws from May 2013 are still valid then we must hold a primary

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bore is a Labor Party member who is a presidential candidate on a cross-party ticket, therefore a primary is required.

I checked the most recent ones, too, and that is the case...I've finally lost it, everyone. Put me out to pasture. Cry I remember we added something to the section - and I think that was it - but memory behind why we did may be faulty. It appears we have since altered the language but the substance still remains.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:15 PM »

And not that it'll likely do any good...but why exactly would we want to endorse the guy who ran the Federalist Party for ages and more thoroughly than anybody else tried to destroy the Labor Party throughout 2012, 2013 and into 2014 (Hagrid)? He was literally our ideological opponent - the bizarro me - and for the love of God, I can't figure out why so many people are suddenly willing to believe that he did an abrupt political 180. I don't buy it, and even if it is true, it's not exactly as if he's an ally of ours on practically any major policy initiatives. I actually was able to work with PiT on policy even when we were embroiled in a bitter feud during Operation Cottonfield. I have literally never been able to work with or get anything done with Hagrid.

Also (unless I am again losing my mind and/or we've changed it), he'll need to request the endorsement, two will need to approve it, and then 60% of the party (including abstentions) must vote to endorse him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:13:13 AM »

I reviewed our by-laws about the endorsement procedure and I misspoke again: it only takes one second from a party member for an non-Labor endorsement request, not two.

5. In order to be eligible to receive the endorsement of the Labor Party, the candidate from the other party has to declare that he or she wishes to receive our Party’s endorsement before the endorsement vote begins. The candidate must also have a Laborite second the endorsement nomination in order to be placed on the endorsement ballot.

I second PiT's request for endorsement.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 08:33:05 AM »

Oh boy, it always dies when platform talk comes around...until it explodes. Tongue

I do believe this was the last update to our party platform.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »

FYI we are supposed to be having Politburo elections this week, so I'd recommend anyone interested in serving as Chair or VC make their intentions known over the next three days.

I think it might also be wise for us to have a Party-wide vote after the Party elections on which of the recent game reform ideas, if any at all, we support or do not support so we can present a united front as a Party. We are the largest party in the game after all, so we should obviously have a say in what transpires.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

As Registrar General, I hereby inform you that your Chair is no longer a registered voter in Atlasia.

In addition, your Vice-Chair is no longer a member of your party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies