BaconBacon96/Bacon King for President/Vice President- It is Actually Happening
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  BaconBacon96/Bacon King for President/Vice President- It is Actually Happening
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BaconBacon96/Bacon King for President/Vice President- It is Actually Happening  (Read 2539 times)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
« edited: June 09, 2015, 10:27:37 PM by BaconBacon96 »

Forum with Presidential Candidate BaconBacon96

Since I was rudely denied access to the presidential debate hosted by the Record-Courier and ex-President Lumine, I have decided to have a forum with the people of Atlasia (I'll be traveling the country for this) for them to ask me the questions that they need to. I'll start with the two questions that have been asked so far in the debate.

1. The past months have seen a good deal of political violence within Atlasia, leading to several major and minor incidents. How do you plan to deal with this issue?

These terrorist groups that have been causing this political violence clearly do not have the support of the wider population, they are fringe extremists who want to push their various bizarre views onto the wider society. We must target them specifically and destroy their organisations with force. That said, we must respect due process and I was deeply disappointed by the lynching of that fellow in Los Angeles the other day. He was entitled to a 'fair' trial just like anyone else. If you're gonna lynch someone at least make it interesting. Breaking into a jailhouse and hanging him is so 1930's.

2. The Senate recently passed legislation calling on colleges and universities to adopt updated policies towards sexual assault, in response to what many have termed an "epidemic" of campus rape. Do you feel these measures, mainly the Affirmative Consent Act, appropriately address this issue? If not, what would you do instead?

I applaud the recent legislation passed by the Senate. It is progress in the fight against sexual violence in our communities. I support it's universality and I particularly commend it's guarantee of privacy for all involved, victims, accused and witnesses alike.

That being said, I feel that the real key to fighting this issue is education. We need to improve the ways we educate young people about the dangers of sexual violence, about knowing how to consent and knowing that their partners do consent as well as teaching them about risk and safe practices. Now that we have effective legislation in place to deal with sexual violence on colleges after it's happened, we need to focus on educating people to not let it happen in the first place. If I am elected President, I will commit to improving education on sexual issues, including sexual violence.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 06:31:43 PM »

Oh and you're welcome to address questions to Bacon King as well.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 12:58:04 AM »

How will the BaconBacon/Bacon ticket end the high prices of Bacon?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:40 AM »

We will end the tax loopholes that encourage companies to move their bacon overseas, and implement a breakfast welfare program for low-income families to ensure that no American is forced to suffer from inadequate consumption of bacon.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 01:23:38 PM »

We will end the tax loopholes that encourage companies to move their bacon overseas, and implement a breakfast welfare program for low-income families to ensure that no American is forced to suffer from inadequate consumption of bacon.

Endorsed
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »

Endorsed

Thanks, friend!

BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 03:38:08 AM »

Go and vote for the Bacon ticket!

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies