What is hillarys number 1 democratic target?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:16:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What is hillarys number 1 democratic target?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which state that gore and kerry won will she find the most difficult to win?
Oregon

Pennslyvania

Michigan

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: What is hillarys number 1 democratic target?  (Read 1893 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »

Wisconsin is always tough for both parties but hillary is more electable than kerry.
Michigan could be the tough one though. Pennslyvania is going conservative but with sanotum giving the republicans a bad name in the state it could be easier than michigan who have carl levin likely retiring.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 01:07:51 PM »

I'd have to say Wisconsin, she's not that much liked here.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »

I say PA.  It's too close to being Republican, and she'd need to strengthen the base if a PA or mid-Atlantic Republican runs against her.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 02:51:39 PM »

Wisconsin
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:50:10 PM »

Wisconsin.  The Democratic nominee in 2004 will win PA by a larger margin than 2004, IMO.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 06:03:10 PM »

Pennsylvania- too many EVs to ignore.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »

The Democratic nominee in 2004 will win PA by a larger margin than 2004, IMO.

I could not agree more!  OH and PA will be moving left.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 02:11:41 AM »

Wisconsin.  The Democratic nominee in 2004 will win PA by a larger margin than 2004, IMO.

how is that possible?

Assuming you meant the Democratic nominee in 2008, you'd really have to see who the two candidates are before saying that.  Structually, the election will favor Dems but I would say a Hillary vs Sanford race, for example, would be tough for Hillary to carry.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 05:11:24 AM »

Structually, the election will favor Dems but I would say a Hillary vs Sanford race, for example, would be tough for Hillary to carry.

Why?  Sanford is just another Southern Born Again, but without Bush's 9/11 flag-wrappings.  Hillary is considerably to the right of Kerry, and is no doubt a better candidate in terms of personality, leadership, and all that sort of nonsense.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 10:58:04 AM »

Hillary is considerably to the right of Kerry, and is no doubt a better candidate in terms of personality, leadership, and all that sort of nonsense.

Her position on a line scale doesn't mean she's more likely to be elected.  Too many people hate or distrust her . . . even if she was a Conservative.   
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 11:08:01 AM »

Hillary is considerably to the right of Kerry, and is no doubt a better candidate in terms of personality, leadership, and all that sort of nonsense.

Her position on a line scale doesn't mean she's more likely to be elected.  Too many people hate or distrust her . . . even if she was a Conservative.   

Well, I think the people who hate or distrust her are the sort who never vote anything but Republican.  Certainly she'll get Kerry's percentage, at the very least.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 12:18:05 PM »

Well, I think the people who hate or distrust her are the sort who never vote anything but Republican.  Certainly she'll get Kerry's percentage, at the very least.

Not necessarily, since some of those who voted for Kerry were more voting against Bush.  In 2008, it would be a fresh start, and the election will be based on the candidates running (one thing which I tried to address on the 100% voter turnout thread).  You have to take into account Republicans who did not vote for Bush, Democratic men who do not want a woman President, Anti-feminists, et al into the equation.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 12:54:37 PM »

As much as I would LOVE to think that, PA is a push and OH maybe moving right.  There is no telling how much the western part PA is moving right to be offset by the eastern part's leftward gains.  As of right now we know that.  It all comes down to turnout and also the lessening of the 9/11 effect parts of Bucks County underwent.  It was the only Philadelphia area county to shift back towards Bush from 2000.  This is due to an influx from New York. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 01:11:54 PM »

Not necessarily, since some of those who voted for Kerry were more voting against Bush.  In 2008, it would be a fresh start, and the election will be based on the candidates running (one thing which I tried to address on the 100% voter turnout thread).

Well there is no doubt that the Republican candidate will be another Born-Again Southerner.   Not much of a fresh start.  And I think you can rely on the anti-Bush vote being anti-Born-Again Southerner.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sure, there may be a few of these, but they are swamped by people who voted Bush because of the 'War on Terror' gobbledegook.  We'll see if that transfers effectively to the next GOP standardbearer.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 01:23:23 PM »

As much as I would LOVE to think that, PA is a push and OH maybe moving right. 

I don't think Ohio has been moving right.  It think it has clearly been creeping, in a slow way appropriate to such a moribund state, to the left.
Democratic vote percentages in OH:
2004  -  48.71%
2000  -  46.46%
1996  -  47.38%
1992  -  40.18%
1988  -  44.15%
1984  -  40.14%
1980  -  40.91
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 02:38:10 PM »

None of the states on that list are exactly guaranteed for her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies