NC-Harper Polling (R): Burr +7 vs. Hagan, +14 vs. Blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:29:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC-Harper Polling (R): Burr +7 vs. Hagan, +14 vs. Blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-Harper Polling (R): Burr +7 vs. Hagan, +14 vs. Blue  (Read 1739 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: June 16, 2015, 07:18:44 PM »
« edited: June 16, 2015, 07:23:09 PM by Rand Paul Republican »

There's also a difference - Feingold, Strickland, and others had enough time (6 years) to recover their images, and were previously institutions of the state anyway. Meanwhile Hagan won in 2008 in a mild upset, and had been basically a non-entity in the Senate for 6 years. She was never very popular, and her defeat was only surprising in the context that Tillis was a bad candidate and a bad opponent to face her because he was also a nauseatingly teleprompter candidate. Unless it's an absolute slaughter, there's no way Hagan beats Burr. I don't even think she's the best wave insurance - Not that there are many other candidates who would be better, but Hagan's own election was because of surprisingly strong recruiting (she was surprisingly strong in that 2008 election, admittedly), and I don't see why Democrats couldn't recruit someone out of nowhere who could be a better competitor.

Until they dropped out, I thought Janet Cowell or Jeff Jackson would've both been stronger candidates and better wave insurance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies