NC-Harper Polling (R): Burr +7 vs. Hagan, +14 vs. Blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC-Harper Polling (R): Burr +7 vs. Hagan, +14 vs. Blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-Harper Polling (R): Burr +7 vs. Hagan, +14 vs. Blue  (Read 1735 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« on: June 09, 2015, 02:15:56 PM »

Why is Hagan even being talked up as a candidate? She just lost last cycle and is still extremely unpopular. Is the bench in NC that weak that we need a proven loser?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »

Why is Hagan even being talked up as a candidate? She just lost last cycle and is still extremely unpopular. Is the bench in NC that weak that we need a proven loser?
With Cowell refusing to run, Cooper running for governor, and everyone else plagued by low name recognition, Hagan is probably the best democrats have.

Exactly. I mean, they're trying the same in OH, PA and WI with their 2010 losers. It seems to be working in the other states, but not NC (at least not yet).
I don't think their comparable to NC. Strickland and Sestak both barely lost (2 points) to very strong opponents during the GOP Wave of 2010. Feingold has always been popular in Wisconson and Johnson is overwhelmingly unpopular. But Hagan failed to get brand herself last year and as a result had her negatives driven up substantially and lost to an awful candidate in Thom Tillis. She just ran a bad campaign, and I don't see why this time would be different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies