Ohio: Mixed results for Hillary Clinton in match-ups against Republicans, PPP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:02:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Ohio: Mixed results for Hillary Clinton in match-ups against Republicans, PPP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ohio: Mixed results for Hillary Clinton in match-ups against Republicans, PPP  (Read 6076 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »

Clinton 45 - Bush 43
Clinton 44 - Carson 43
Clinton 44 - Christie 41
Clinton 45 - Huckabee 42
Clinton 40 - Kasich 47
Clinton 41 - Paul 44
Clinton 44 - Rubio 44
Clinton 44 - Walker 43

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_OH_61015.pdf
mds32
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »

Wow Pennsylvania and Ohio. I bet a PPP poll in NC might look different today.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »

I know, I know: he's Ohio's current, very popular governor ... but how can anyone say Kasich isn't the GOP's best hope at the White House?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »

Non-Clinton Matchups:

Walker 40
Bloomberg 32

Walker 40
Sanders 30

Walker 41
O'Malley 26

Walker 39
Chafee 24

Walker 41
Webb 25
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »

Mixed results?
These results are very bad for Hillary.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:01 PM »

Yeah, this looks very bad for Clinton.  Better hope it's just Ohio going the way of Missouri and not reflective of a national collapse.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »

Hm, I'm shocked Huck is doing the worst of the bunch. I figured he'd get Ohio, but go no further. I won't freak out over a point or two though.

Democrats should be freaking out though if Carson is a point behind in Ohio!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 01:08:20 PM »

This might be the best non-garbage poll for Republicans in the 2016 general post-Bridgegate.  

Other than the small period of time where Christie led Clinton, the GOP has been waay behind in Ohio most of the time. 

This poll could just be noise, but it also could be indicative of real problems for the Dems.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 01:10:35 PM »

Mixed results, Kasich seems to be favoured in Ohio. But, winning Colorado is part of the overall strategy, as well.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »

These are not "mixed results" you hack.

Hillary is at 54-38 unfavorable/favorable, and a bunch of clowns are within margin of error.

Of course, all the red avatars will be here to call this poll "junk"
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »

These results are quite horrible for Hilldog.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

Not good numbers for Hillary at all. Abysmal numbers for any other Democrat though, so not really a sound argument against nominating her. And, PPP favorability numbers are always junk.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »

Not good numbers for Hillary at all. Abysmal numbers for any other Democrat though, so not really a sound argument against nominating her. And, PPP favorability numbers are always junk.

I agree Hillary is the most electable Dem candidate, but the sheerly tiny name recognition of the others deflates their numbers. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 03:06:22 PM »

OMalley doesnt have that 3rd constituency, in itself to win COLO, the Latino vote, Dems alternate path to presidency, along with NM and NV.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »

Um, those are really not "mixed results" for her. She was leading Republicans in OH by double digits as recently as one month ago and now Republicans seem to be polling better in the state than Romney. Her numbers are collapsing in almost every swing state as well as nationally (you know she's trouble when a CNN poll among adults only finds her tied/leading by a few points). I have no doubt that the 2016 election will be much closer than 2012.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 03:33:42 PM »

Atrocious numbers for Hillary, but she won't get blown out in OH even against Kasich. At the very most she would lose 52-47.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »

Her leading all Republicans except two in a must-win state for Republicans does not add up to horrible numbers for Hillary. They only are in comparison to unrealistic expectations that she'd somehow stomp any GOPer in the General. It's going to be a close, 50/50 affair.

On the other hand, the numbers confirm that any other Democrat would lose in a landslide. The country is definitely turning Right.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »

lol, if I were Hillary, I'd get truly frightened if a guy like Ben Carson is just a point below me in one of the most important swing states. Get your sh**t together, Hillary.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »

You are all putting way too much stock in specific polls at this point.  None of these Republicans are really known quantities, so you look at these numbers as anything more than a guidepost.  Ohio is basically where it was in 2012, it's an extremely competitive state.

lol, if I were Hillary, I'd get truly frightened if a guy like Ben Carson is just a point below me in one of the most important swing states. Get your sh**t together, Hillary.

Nobody really knows who Ben Carson is.  Once people realize how bonkers he is, his general election poll numbers will nosedive. 
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 03:59:10 PM »

On the other hand, the numbers confirm that any other Democrat would lose in a landslide.

How so? The other Democrats have almost zero name recognition. Also, take a look at the number of undecideds. Walker gets 40% against unknown Democrats, not that impressive.
Gallium
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

Looking at the crosstabs, it appears Clinton's weakness is due to around 12% of Democrats consistently voting for the Republican option while only 6% of Republicans are crossing over to vote for her. Republicans obviously loathe her, but it might take until she's officially the nominee (and there's an actual Republican nominee to hate) before Democrats fully coalesce around her. I expect her numbers will be slightly depreciated among Democrats throughout the primary season now.

And she's beating everyone apart from Rand with independents, which is in line with all recent polling.

On the other hand, the numbers confirm that any other Democrat would lose in a landslide.

How so? The other Democrats have almost zero name recognition. Also, take a look at the number of undecideds. Walker gets 40% against unknown Democrats, not that impressive.
Sanders and Walker have roughly equal name recognition and Walker is thrashing him (the PPP polls in Washington and North Carolina showed the same thing).

And does anyone have an explanation for why everyone's favorability numbers are always so much worse in PPP polls? What the hell are they asking people?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »

You are all putting way too much stock in specific polls at this point.  None of these Republicans are really known quantities, so you look at these numbers as anything more than a guidepost.  Ohio is basically where it was in 2012, it's an extremely competitive state.

Nobody really knows who Ben Carson is.  Once people realize how bonkers he is, his general election poll numbers will nosedive. 

Ben Carson is actually the only candidate in this poll who got positive favorables.

(Agree polls don't matter yet)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »

These polls are certainly concerning. Looks like Kasich would most likely tie up the state for the GOP if he is nominated.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »

This poll polled 411 Republicans and 306 Democrats. Ohio was +7 D in the last presidential election.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »

Like clockwork, the unskewing morons come out of the woodwork when they don't like the poll result.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies