Once more, gun control opponents... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:42:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Once more, gun control opponents... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Once more, gun control opponents...  (Read 15232 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 19, 2015, 11:44:20 PM »

When I started reading this thread I was planning on responding in a serious fashion....but then I finished reading it and realized nobody else was.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 12:13:11 AM »

Close the loopholes to make sure all non-antique guns are purchased with a background check.
The racist the other day passed a background check despite being convicted of a felony.  I'm not against background checks though.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
meh
YES, a thousand times YES.  So many on your side forget the straw purchases angle.
yes
I'm against that, but could be willing to compromise a little (assuming your side would too).
HA, no.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 06:09:18 AM »

It's good to see the gun control side hasn't started using insults to people that disagree with them.  I know it can be hard not to what with the facts and such not being on your side.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 06:22:19 AM »

It's good to see the gun control side hasn't started using insults to people that disagree with them.  I know it can be hard not to what with the facts and such not being on your side.

Whatever. I don't  really care about the "debate" and dont think gun control will be at all useful in the US, but that doesn't mean I have to think that people who own guns in the developed world (and aren't a farmer) are sane, well-adjusted people.
Do you actually know anybody that owns a gun?  Is he/she a "creepy psycho"?  I know lots of people with guns, and only a small percentage are creepy psychos.

Though I do understand the desire to demonize people with hobbies you don't understand....wait no, I don't.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:11:01 PM »

BTW I hate when radical libertarians like you resort to the nonsense argument of "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!" whenever you know you're beat. I don't know why you guys can't just discuss and debate the issue without resorting to paranoid rants about government trying to control the people by rounding up guns.
The ironing is delicious.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 05:28:33 AM »

BTW I hate when radical libertarians like you resort to the nonsense argument of "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!" whenever you know you're beat. I don't know why you guys can't just discuss and debate the issue without resorting to paranoid rants about government trying to control the people by rounding up guns.
The ironing is delicious.

Ironing? I suppose you mean irony?

Tell me, how is that ironic?

Let me guess, you're going to tell me that liberals always revert to the "FOR GOD'S SAKE, WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!!" argument. That's my prediction. Of course, that's obviously a ridiculous point because liberals in this thread have been the ones debating logically, but nonetheless I predict that's what you're going to tell me.
Nope.

Read the thread again.  From the OP.  Notice anything?  Do you notice how one side, from the word go, has posted one strawman after another strawman, right before a string of inults?  So while it's true (which is why you guessed it) that many of you do go to the "children" card too quickly when you don't get your way, you haven't done that (much) here.  You've done something that is much more common.  You made up arguments for the other side, you've insulted and you've lied.  Your side has serious issues debating with libertarians because of the hate.

I know, I know, they all live in the basement of mommy, polishing their guns, smoking weed and some insulting third thing.....but I often wonder, how do people on your side that live off their parents feel about such things.  That's like 3/4rs of this place isn't it?  It's like the fat thing and Update......aren't many Updaters huge lumbering balls of lard?  I know some are, and assume most of the rest are.  How does somebody fatter than the victim feel when the victim is bullied for being fat?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

I don't hate libertarians. I disagree with them on many issues, but I don't hate them.

And I'm not trying to insult them. I respond to their points with my points. That is all.
Fine, you don't hate libertarians (though there are many here that do) you've still posted enough strawmen to start a nasty fire in Oz.

Read the thread again.  From the OP.  Notice anything?  Do you notice how one side, from the word go, has posted one strawman after another strawman, right before a string of inults?

Is it an "insult" when I say that I do not like certain types of people? Like those who voluntarily choose to carry guns in peacetime?

Well, yeah, then I am insulting people.
Which is against the rules, right?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 05:34:57 AM »

If it is an "insult"... well, then you are welcome to report me Smiley
I've never reported anybody, that's for children.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 08:43:27 AM »

Semi-automatic rifles are also great hunting rifles.  My deer rifle is a semi-automatic in 30-06. 

I bet you feel cool when you shoot deer with your big rifle, don't you? Well, I hate to break it to you Yellow Avatar but what you do is not impressive at all. You shot and killed an animal that couldn't defend itself. Creep.
I take it that you are a vegetarian. Oh, and no leather belts or shoes either.
He doesn't object to the killing, that would make sense.  He objects to the bragging about it.....for some reason.  How dare other people enjoy a hobby he doesn't understand.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »

You'd have a point if hunting only involved instantly transporting yourself to directly in front of your target, firing and then you're done.  Do you think that 140lb deer magically transports itself to your butcher?  Nobody (except you folk) is arguing that hunting is an extremely physically demanding hobby, but it's certainly tougher than typing on a keyboard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies