What if the GOP told the South to get lost? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:39:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What if the GOP told the South to get lost? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if the GOP told the South to get lost?  (Read 3082 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: June 25, 2015, 12:14:44 PM »

Told the South to get lost?  I'd be baffled and upset.

Told racists to get lost? I'd be ecstatic, and it'd very much help the party's electoral prospects.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:23:23 PM »

Most stupid thread ever.  A party is it's voters whether you like it or not.  If you don't, maybe you should switch to another party.

Totally agree with your first sentence.

Your second sentence is ridiculous.  If Northern social conservatives who were weary of government intervention (be it on civil rights or any other issue) abandoned the GOP during the '40s, '50s, '60s or '70s, we never get Goldwater or Reagan.  If Northern, pro-civil rights liberals abandon the Democrats during the '20s, '30s or '40s, we never get LBJ signing the CRA as a Democrat.

Unless you're a mindless foot soldier or just one of the statistically absurd rarities who happen to agree with a list of largely unrelated views that the two parties respectively hold, you probably disagree with your party on a few things; that does NOT mean you have to leave it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »

Telling the South to get lost would be an extremely bad idea. Now, telling [t]racists[/i] to get lost? Why haven't we done that already?

At least OPENLY/overtly, we absolutely have.  Unfortunately, I think some Republicans still make subtle plays for the votes of racists/xenophobes, and that is very disappointing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies