A New Day For America: 2016 and the Years of Hope
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:36:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A New Day For America: 2016 and the Years of Hope
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A New Day For America: 2016 and the Years of Hope  (Read 1793 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:18 PM »

CH. I.: The Night Begins

"Gentlemen, ladies!" Applause throughout the University begins. "I am proud to have served my country. I have served my country for eighteen years in Congress. I became the youngest State Senator in 1978 in our great state's history. In 1982, I was the only Republican in the nation to challenge an incumbent and win - on the Reagan platform."

"I brought hope and new ideas to Washington. I have brought hope and new ideas to our state. I have brought a wonderful wife with me and two twin daughters who I love very much in a state I love very much." His family stands as a few clapping hands applauded.

"Only in this country could a man who's father was a poor mailman with a bad back, a man whose grandmother could hardly speak English and fled here from terror could do this. Only here. I am therefore proud to announce that I, John Kasich, Governor of Ohio, am running for President of the United States!" Kasich continued for several minutes with jokes, and a message of hope.

After his speech, Senator Rob Portman(R-OH), Former Senator Joe Lieberman(I-CT), Former Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., Former Senator John E. Sununu(R-NH), and a few minor politicians give speeches endorsing him.

"Mr. Ryan."

"Mr. Governor."

"I hear you are good at finances. Balancing budgets and cutting taxes."

"I am."

"A financial advisor would be good in an administration. Of course, an endorsement would be needed for Commerce," accenting this last word, "to be given."

"I'll work on a few other Senate candidates. Treasury?"

"No, thank you. Good luck in Congress. Our state likes you. Good day."

"Good-bye."

The governor walks towards the door and pushed down on the handle.

"Wait, Governor Walker."

"Yes?"

"Nothing. If I change my mind, I'll endorse you."

"Okay."

What do you think?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 01:22:28 PM »

RCP POLLS:

Republican 2016 Presidential Primaries:

1. Jeb Bush - 12.2%
2. Rubio - 10.1%
3. Walker - 9.9%
4. Kasich - 7.7%
5. Carson - 7.5%

6. Huckabee - 7.0%
7. Paul - 7.0%
8. Christie - 5.0%
9. Cruz - 4.2%
10. Trump - 4.0%

11. Fiorina - 3.5%
12. Perry - 2.9%
13. Santorum - 2.2%
14. Graham - 1.5%
15. Jindal - 1.0%

Democratic National Poll: RCP Average:

Hillary Clinton - 49.2%
Bernie Sanders - 19.1%
Joe Biden - 18.9%*

4. Jim Webb - 3.2%
5. Martin O'Malley - 2.9%
6. Lincoln Chafee - 1.1%

*Special announcement July 31 pending; six days to go
AelroseB

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »

Intriguing!  Do go on.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 03:37:25 AM by Kingpoleon »

CH. II.: The Moon Rises
"Hello, ladies and gentlemen!"Joe Biden began. "I am here to discuss with you, the American People, my plan for the future. In recent weeks, I have been repeatedly discouraged by fate and death. I have lost many people in my life, but I do not intend to lose this great nation of ours. That is why, at the urging of both living and dead sons, I am running for the Democratic nomination, for the office of President of the United States of America, in 2016."

"I am prepared to give every American a new life; a life of freedom and prosperity." The Vice President would continue in his speech, outlining a seven-point plan for 2017-2021. Afterwards, Secretary of State John Kerry would endorse him followed by Barack Obama refusing to endorse anyone. The Vice President later approached a few other candidates.

"Dad, listen to me," the 'acting' campaign manager began. "I've talked to Howard Dean, and he wants Treasury or Commerce or some such. Of the rest of the list, only Newsom seemed very willing."

"Listen to me, Robert. We'll recruit Dean, Newsom, and another to serve as co-chairs of 'The Future of America PAC', and Terry will listen to me. Now, where are they?"

"Inside. Go right on in."

Howard Dean, Gavin Newsom, and Jonathan Krohn were sitting around the table as Biden walked in. Krohn saw him first and stood up, followed by Dean and then Newsom. "Gentlemen, seat yourselves." The three men sat down as Biden's aide walked in. "I have a proposition for the three of you. But first, do you all know each other? Howard-Gavin, Jonathan-Howard, Gavin-Jonathan."

Each shook hands as Biden said the words. "Joe, it's a pleasure to see you again." Howard Dean started first.

"Mr. Vice President, my name's Jonathan. What can I do to help?"

"Mr. Biden, hello there. I presume this is about your campaign."

"You too, Howard. Mr. Krohn, I know. As for you, Gavin, you are correct." The Vice President responded in turn. "Howard, would you care to be my campaign manager?"

"Joe, I'd love to. I thought the team of experts I've been watching was your campaign staff. Bob Shrum? Interesting choice, the rascal." The former Governor answered.

"Jonathan Krohn, you're a journalist, correct?" Biden questioned as the young man nodded. "I'll need a press secretary. Your deputy is the Bill Keller, and he has a staff prepared. If not, he will be it."

"Yes, Mr. Vice President. Where do I need to go?" Jonathan Krohn replied. "I'm a little young, I thought, though. Aren't I?"

"Well, Krohn, you'll contrast well with me. Bill and I are old friends, and he can help you. As for you first question... William, send Jonathan here up to Bill." Biden answered.

"Yes, sir. This way, Mr. Krohn." William walked the young journalist up a flight of stairs.

"As for you, Newsom, I'd think you would like to be a co-chairman of my Super-PAC. It's 'The Future of America PAC'. Rahm Emanuel, Janet Napolitano, and a few others are agreeing to it. I'm working on it, but Robert will get a driver for you." Biden talked to California's Lieutenant Governor.

"Yes, Mr. Vice President. I have a few donors I could contact, but I think we can guarantee you $45 million by January. It won't match Clinton's machine unless your friends help us with funding. Also..." Gavin Newsom continued for some time before Biden interrupted.

"Very good, Mr. Newsom. Give me a moment," the Vice President replied. He continued, "Robert, come over here. Could you take Gavin here out to a driver for my Super-PAC? They're meeting downtown in our other hotel room in D. C. 407, Watergate. Got it?"

"Yes, Dad. I will take him there. I'll send Michael and Thomas in here to help you, okay?" The Vice President's son replied.

"Okay, Robert. Go ahead." Biden answered. As his son went out the door, he turned to Howard Dean. "Now, Howard, what can you tell me about my chances?"

"Well, sir, we can take Iowa, compete for New Hampshire, and then I'll try to take South Carolina for you. We need to focus on the last, where no one is building up the party. If we take it, I think we can sweep the South for you. Julian Castro, Jim Webb, and Charlie Crist will be important to us if we want those important delegates."

United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 01:27:41 PM »

Does anyone have a good primary map I could use?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 03:09:30 PM »

Would anyone reading this care if I skipped to the first primaries?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »

Would anyone reading this care if I skipped to the first primaries?
That's fine! Excited to see where this goes.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 05:35:57 PM »

I’m considering starting this up again, but I could use some help developing county maps for the primaries. Does anyone care to volunteer?
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »

PM me.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 08:31:48 PM »

CH. III.: The First Star

Iowa:
Joe Biden: 31.7%
Hillary Clinton: 29.2%
Bernie Sanders: 29.1%
Jim Webb: 4.3%
Lincoln Chafee: 4.1%
Martin O'Malley: 2.1%
Others: 0.5%

"And there you have it folks! Biden, who was four points behind Clinton and Sanders in the primaries, appears to have won Iowa. We have reports of Martin O'Malley drop..." The television is quickly muted as Robert Mook turns to Hillary Clinton.

"Mrs. Secretary, the problem is that no matter what you do, you won't be able to crack 25% with the under-30 crowd. There was massive, unprecedented turnout in precincts with colleges, which is why the votes took so long to be counted. Early analysis seems to indicate there were three votes for every two expected throughout Iowa." Mook looks up at his boss. "Mrs. Secretary?"

"Sorry, Robert. The only thing I can think to do is revise our strategy. Cut our focus groups almost entirely, and start building on the ground infrastructure. We must win Nevada and South Carolina to keep at the front of the pac-"

"So are we writing off New Hampshire?" Mook queries.

"We have to. Our infrastructure is very weak there and we have no time to build it up. Cut six staffers and make it our goal to hit 24%." Clinton's quick decision-making and no-nonsense tone of voice seems to inspire Mook to fire off a text to the chair of the campaign, the vice chair, the chief strategist, and the national political director:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

"Victor! How nice to finally meet you!" Tony, a top lobbyist in D. C., greets his associate's son with a hearty handshake.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. -"

"Please, Victor. Call me Tony." Insists the lobbyist.

"Very well. It is a pleasure to meet you, Tony. Allow me to introduce you to two business partners of my father's - Paul and Rick. You have, alongside these two, a long history with our organization. My brother, Alexander. We are here to offer to... support your campaign. This is Alexander M., a very important man to my father. This is Sergeant Cedric, an associate of my father's close friends."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies