A guide to all the seante races in 06.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:22:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  A guide to all the seante races in 06.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: A guide to all the seante races in 06.  (Read 10860 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2005, 05:54:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No he wasn't. Some polls showed Casey up about 15 points.

Just because someone is up in the polls at some point doesn't make them to favorite to win. 

Casey was leading the polls by double digits before Rendell started his ad campaign, but this was completely based on name recognition.  Everyone working on that race knew his support was extremely shallow.   Rendell had the charisma, the experience, the agenda, and the money to win that race.  The only thing he didn't have was name recognition.

Polls a year before that election don't show any of that...they only show name recognition.  As soon as Rendell started running his ads, he went up by 10 points and never looked back.  And this was exactly what everyone in the campaign knew would happen.

He was up most of the time. Casey had everything except the personality. That race was Casey's. Rendell was certainly not the favorite throughout the campaign.

What do you mean by most of the time?  Rendell jumped into the lead as soon as he started his ad campaign, and stayed there for the rest of the campaign.  I spent months of my life doing Rendell's polling and I remember this moment well.  Casey's lead fell apart within days...he never really had a chance.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2005, 06:10:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No he wasn't. Some polls showed Casey up about 15 points.

Just because someone is up in the polls at some point doesn't make them to favorite to win. 

Casey was leading the polls by double digits before Rendell started his ad campaign, but this was completely based on name recognition.  Everyone working on that race knew his support was extremely shallow.   Rendell had the charisma, the experience, the agenda, and the money to win that race.  The only thing he didn't have was name recognition.

Polls a year before that election don't show any of that...they only show name recognition.  As soon as Rendell started running his ads, he went up by 10 points and never looked back.  And this was exactly what everyone in the campaign knew would happen.

He was up most of the time. Casey had everything except the personality. That race was Casey's. Rendell was certainly not the favorite throughout the campaign.

What do you mean by most of the time?  Rendell jumped into the lead as soon as he started his ad campaign, and stayed there for the rest of the campaign.  I spent months of my life doing Rendell's polling and I remember this moment well.  Casey's lead fell apart within days...he never really had a chance.

It was only in the final couple of weeks when it got close. You claimed Rendell was always the favorite and that's in no way true.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2005, 10:44:47 AM »

Phil's recollection is mine.

I will make one prediction about the 2006 PA Senate race:

If you are expecting a "Casey Cakewalk," you are dead wrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2005, 12:57:34 PM »

If you are expecting a "Casey Cakewalk," you are dead wrong.

I don't expect him to win by more than six points. A six point win would be comfortable but, I agree that it will not be a cakewalk.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2005, 05:04:07 PM »

Mendenez, Pallone, and Andrews would beat Kean (Mendenez and Pallone by 2-5%).  Keystone Phil, if you must humiliate your self, fine. 

Andrews could beat Kean. Menendez and Pallone - No.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2005, 07:30:51 PM »

Mendenez, Pallone, and Andrews would beat Kean (Mendenez and Pallone by 2-5%).  Keystone Phil, if you must humiliate your self, fine. 

Andrews could beat Kean. Menendez and Pallone - No.

Not so sure about Pallone.  I wouldn't count out Menendez either.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies