looks like Tsipras has folded (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  looks like Tsipras has folded (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: looks like Tsipras has folded  (Read 7734 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 09, 2015, 04:30:54 PM »

Game theory
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

I've said it before: Greece needs a badass Dom Mintoff figure to run around allying and double-crossing everyone in sight for the benefit of his country. If you're going to play nationalism, you might as well do it right.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »

Anyone want to get what will happen in the next set of polls? ANTARSYA up ahead?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

One of my sources of confusion is why they're selling off the grid. I mean we can argue all day about whether public or private companies run electricity better, but surely a privatisation cash bonanza won't change the structural deficit at all Huh

In all fairness, although I think people should be allowed a day off; I'm not sure why we have to force them to choose the Sunday.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:03:49 PM »

I think the disturbing thing for Eurozone countries is that, relatively speaking, Syriza is a moderate party. Greece has (and always has) an unusually strong far-left and far-right blocs both in and (more importantly, but less obvious for foreigners) out of parliament forces that oppose liberal democratic capitalism itself. Perhaps the EU bigwigs are under the impression that the humiliation of Tsipras et al. will lead the Greeks to swing back to the ND-centrist-PASOK block, especially with shiny young leaders for all three wings. This is playing with fire, to be honest; if a more disturbing and violent party arises Merkel, Rutte, Stubb and the like may regret their populist kneejerk anti-Syrizism.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »

Even in that respect, the loss of such a key geostrategic country to nationalistic demagoguery would be quite a blow to what little remains of idealism in the European project, no? I also imagine the knock-on effects upon the Baltics would be pretty serious and ominous; Greece would be like a larger, more powerful and even more sullen Serbia.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 10:28:10 AM »

Ultimately, Germany owes a lot to the Eurozone. It allows them to have a weak currency and boosts their exports. You'd think they'd be interested in making sure it sticks together...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies