Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:17:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment  (Read 21767 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: July 27, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »

Not an MP (unfortunately), but I just wanted to ask if the only option for dissolution is for the Parliament to pass a motion to that effect?  Will we be including the right of the PM to call a snap election at his own choosing?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »

May I make a suggestion?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would also suggest specifying that the President appoints other members of the executive (the Cabinet, etc) on the advice of the PM.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »

Thank you for offering the amendment in Section 1(b), Oakvale.  I do not think most governments would be able to show command of a majority of the Parliament!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 04:39:38 PM »

May I make a suggestion, perhaps rephrase the bill to simply create an interim head of state who will oversee elections and commission the first government.  All parties could pledge to make the Presidency Bill the first order of business in the new Parliament.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 09:36:52 PM »

Leinad, you could just withdraw your amendment.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:45 AM »

The reason anyone might leave the game is because they have become bored with an un-elected, ad-hoc Parliament deciding everything for them.  We are all very much ready to move into an election campaign, go through the process of government formation, and get people into roles.

Everything that people are saying we should give more time to can be accomplished in the elected Parliament and it will be much more fun since we will have governments and oppositions with their own agendas as well as members that have actually been elected.

We risk running into one of the great problems of Atlasia by spending too much time "perfecting" the game and then becoming convinced that every component of it is entrenched and should be treated with reverence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies