Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:48:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Provisional Parliament: Voting on Amendment  (Read 21761 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 23, 2015, 01:11:10 PM »

I have to chime in and urge the members of this body to consider the long-term implications of a South America scenario. We are trying to build a simulation with longevity. We want a game that will be able to create its own history and run itself with old members cycling out and new members cycling in. This group is the most enthusiastic group of participants we will probably ever have, because we have the wherewithal and dedication to build this game from the ground up. New members will not have the same knowledge base or dedication to making this work. And if we pick South America, which relatively few people know much about, I think we would immediately limit the potential of this sim.

Scenario two makes this place accessible to vast majority of people who would want to play the game and immediately gives it a relevant context in the shenanigans of Atlasia... something with which virtually all of us are familiar as we get started.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:58:40 AM »

There could be some sort of formula for number of MPs based on population size. Or if not a formula, then an openness the increase the size of parliament as the country grows. The Canadian House of Commons adds risings fairly frequently, for example. Just something to think about it we do eventually find ourselves with a population of 150+.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:39 PM »

Sudamerica is okay. South America sounds so clinical.

Or even something like "Amerigo," in honour of the explorer who realized Columbus was stupid.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 02:00:20 AM »

So we're really going to call our country "South America" without any discussion?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »

So we're really going to call our country "South America" without any discussion?

No objections were to the amendment were voiced during the allotted debate time. If you have a problem with it, I advise you to vote against.

I'm not an MP.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

We started a week ago. It is not late in the game. You guys are so boring.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »

The sky will not fall if we take a little bit of time to make sure there's consensus. The game is at its early stage. If people feel like they have been steamrolled and their opinions have not even been considered, they might leave. And I think the state of this sim is too delicate in its infancy for us to want something like that to happen.

What's so bad about exploring options, holding votes, and deliberating?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »

My bid was mostly in jest, as I'm finding myself a little caught off-guard by the pace of things as well. I'm not posting here because I'm upset that I'm not going to be president. But thanks. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies