Potential parties - a discussion. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Potential parties - a discussion. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Potential parties - a discussion.  (Read 1839 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: July 20, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »

I'd fit in well in a liberal (European-style) party or more likely as a wet Tory.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »

No personas, please. It always descends into vaguely irritating Dungeons and Dragons-ing.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 10:17:12 AM »

Personally I had something like "Jack Polnut" in mind.
^^^This sounds fine

I think it's cool if you want to adopt a persona rather than yourself, if you want to play someone with different political views than your own or something, but it should be kept simple and other players shouldn't be expected to remember your character's name or anything
We could create an index of who is who, but that might over complicate things. I'll leave that up to everyone else.

or require that they sign/begin their posts with a link to their persona or something

This is unworkable and I really think it's a bad idea that takes far too much into the perilous realm of being little more than an interactive What If timeline. Please, please, no personas - if someone wants to adopt a persona different to their "real" one I don't have a problem (I mean I'm a Tory MP) but I just want to avoid LOL NEWT GINGRICH MP XD if at all possible.

Anyway, cross-posting from The Other Game -

I agree with Yankee and Leinad: there's no reason why the two games can't coexist peacefully. Perhaps we could even appoint ambassadors and conduct diplomacy between the two.

This is an interesting idea. A leaner, more focused Atlasia and another nation in the Mock Parliament board (assuming for the moment that they'd both have roughly similar populations...) would solve one of Atlasia's major problems in one fell swoop - the fact that it exists in vacuum.

This is intriguing, no?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies