Office of Leinad, At-Large Senator (ConCon Address--vote AYE!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:40:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Leinad, At-Large Senator (ConCon Address--vote AYE!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Leinad, At-Large Senator (ConCon Address--vote AYE!)  (Read 3864 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: March 19, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
« edited: March 19, 2016, 04:45:06 PM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

Tomorrow I will be in Dallas, Texas for a benefit concert related to the St. Patrick's Day terrorist attacks in the pacific. Musicians from all across the South will be there to perform. A third of the proceeds will go to the Red Cross, another third will aid refugees from the Middle East, while the other third will go to charities helping to promote religious tolerance. This isn't a government function, of course, I'm merely using the bully pulpit of the Governor's office to help spread the word.

Monday I will speak at a mosque in Florida reiterating my statement from earlier and echoing Governor Bessell's statements on the matter.

Once again, I commend the Governor's leadership and condemn violence from all sides. Discrimination and hatred, whether acted out in killings or less violent means, is one of the worst things that happens when people are seen in groups, not as individuals. I ask that every Southerner remember that every person is responsible for their actions, but they are not responsible for actions of those who happen to share the same demographic label as them.

Your efforts are duly noted and much appreciated. I'd like to attend, but I'll be busy making sure that the protest in San Fran doesn't get out of hand and overseeing efforts to keep things safe. Again, thank you.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies