What's going on here?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's going on here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's going on here?  (Read 2734 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »

No actually....I don't keep up with all of this, can anyone explain what's is happening to this place?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the gist of it is (biased reporting ahead):
-Tweed, the classy guy that he is, tricked BK into giving him BK's password here.
-Tweed them copied some (all?) of the mod cave (the part of the forum only mods have access to).
-I guess Tweed was smart enough to do that, but not smart enough to get it hosted...or something, so he asked Griffen how to do it, and was told...I don't know how much Grif knew.
-Tweed posts some (all?) of the mod cave sh**t over at at sh**t...I mean AAD.
-BK, embarrassingly realizes he's been hosed and takes the high road out of here.
-All three are banned when the mods here find out.
-Joe also told Tweed to kill himself.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:53 AM »

The King in the North and the King of Bacon have been banished, the Tweed coats have been unwoven, the Griffins have gone out to roost, and the rest have been left to stalk in the snow. Somewhere in the distance is the calling of the name "Joe".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »

Advice to you all:

Get a real life.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »

To use another GoT/ASOIAF reference,

Oh, you sweet summer child.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 01:33:20 PM »

Irony?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

Wait, Bacon King AND Griffin have been banned? Please tell me I'm not the only member of the DeleGAtion left.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »

To use another GoT/ASOIAF reference,

Oh, you sweet summer child.

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

Confirmed. He broke my irony detector.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »

Worth noting that Tweed's modleaks made public some personal information. People were upset about that.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »

Wow, this place is really falling apart.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »

Wow, this place is really falling apart.

You've been here for like 3 hours.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only who who thought so.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 08:47:43 PM »

ugh, why do we need to have a trump clown on here? Sad
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »

-Tweed, the classy guy that he is, tricked BK into giving him BK's password here.
-Tweed them copied some (all?) of the mod cave (the part of the forum only mods have access to).
-I guess Tweed was smart enough to do that, but not smart enough to get it hosted...or something, so he asked Griffen how to do it, and was told...I don't know how much Grif knew.
-BK, embarrassingly realizes he's been hosed and takes the high road out of here.

People around about BK as if she's a 5-year-old child who doesn't understand the consequences of her actions.

Tricked! The poor thing!

Let's correct this narrative. Yes, BK is dealing with mental issues and Tweed (human garbage) clearly took advantage of that. But BK is a grown 20-something adult who, sadly, understood exactly what she was doing when she let a sociopath access her account for the sole purpose of stealing private data.

I get it. You like BK. I like BK. BK is a super-likable person. But this super-likable person didn't just break the rules, she pretty much violated the highest level of trust possible and conspired to (essentially)  over each and every member of the moderation team to win favor with Tweed and the folks at "that other website."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »

But BK is a grown 20-something adult who, sadly, understood exactly what she was doing when she let a sociopath access her account for the sole purpose of stealing private data.

hindsight is 20/20
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »

But BK is a grown 20-something adult who, sadly, understood exactly what she was doing when she let a sociopath access her account for the sole purpose of stealing private data.

hindsight is 20/20

Of course, any mod could have made the same mistake of giving Tweed complete access to their account when requested for the sole purpose of stealing private data.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »

People around about BK as if she's a 5-year-old child who doesn't understand the consequences of her actions.

Tricked! The poor thing!

Let's correct this narrative. Yes, BK is dealing with mental issues and Tweed (human garbage) clearly took advantage of that. But BK is a grown 20-something adult who, sadly, understood exactly what she was doing when she let a sociopath access her account for the sole purpose of stealing private data.

I get it. You like BK. I like BK. BK is a super-likable person. But this super-likable person didn't just break the rules, she pretty much violated the highest level of trust possible and conspired to (essentially)  over each and every member of the moderation team to win favor with Tweed and the folks at "that other website."
I neither like nor dislike BK to be honest, but I agree 100% with you. Adults have to be held accountable for their actions, hell, even children have to understand their negative actions have consequences.  Sure you can take things like age and mental issues into account when the repercussions come, but when you screw over one group of people to assist another group of people, the screwed over people have a right to be pissed when they find out.  Even more so if they lie about it to try and cover it up.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 01:42:48 PM »

Tricked! The poor thing!

I get it. You like BK. I like BK. BK is a super-likable person. But this super-likable person didn't just break the rules, she pretty much violated the highest level of trust possible and conspired to (essentially)  over each and every member of the moderation team to win favor with Tweed and the folks at "that other website."

She was already VERY popular on AAD and never realized what was about to happen. What the hell are you doing making crap up like this some elaborate plan by her to be a hero with Tweed when BK clearly stated she was in a manic state and never wanted to leak the ModCave. Deliberately lying to the forum like this makes me question how you could be trusted as a moderator.

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/1570/bacon-king-statement

Also what the hell do you have to gain from banning BaconKing? At best your getting rid of someone who disqualified themselves as moderator to save face, not because her presence on the forum is toxic.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »

Tricked! The poor thing!

I get it. You like BK. I like BK. BK is a super-likable person. But this super-likable person didn't just break the rules, she pretty much violated the highest level of trust possible and conspired to (essentially)  over each and every member of the moderation team to win favor with Tweed and the folks at "that other website."

You know, Bacon King said as much and explained why this was part of the problem that needed to be faced:

To my friends on Atlas Forum and Atlas After Dark-

As some of you may know, I suffer from severe bipolar disorder. I've also recently mentioned to some of you my new difficulties with medications. As a result, I am no longer properly medicated for my illness, so for the past week I have been in an intensely manic state. I offer this information not as an excuse for what I am about to tell you, but to offer some semblance of an explanation for my actions. In particular, note that the condition causes behavior that is "out of character and risky, foolish or inappropriate", per the ICD-10 of the World Health Organization.

[...]

I immediately regretted my decision. It just seemed like a cool thing to do, like I was helping a friend do something. I did not realize the huge violation of trust that I had done, and I wanted it to go away. I thought If I could just ride out the storm, denying everything, then things would just go back to normal and I could put the entire incident behind me and never do it or even think about it again. I don't know who was trying to reset passwords or answering security questions but it isn't related to my account getting hacked, they were just convenient distractions.

[...]

I just wanted to make everyone happy, for everyone to like me, and in the end I leave here, having betrayed literally everyone who trusted me. I'm very sorry - I've literally been crying about this - and this is where my chain of thoughless actions has ended me up.

Bacon King was manipulated by someone who took advantage of that desire to be liked, knowing in full the extent of BK's self-esteem issues and bipolar disorder. It was exploitation, pure and simple, and I struggle to see how you can look and that and assign BK the degree of responsibility and agency that you do, and claim that it's somehow absurd for us to think that BK could have been deceived in this way.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies