Russia poses 'existential' threat to US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:20:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia poses 'existential' threat to US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russia poses 'existential' threat to US  (Read 1105 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: July 25, 2015, 12:37:55 AM »
« edited: July 25, 2015, 12:40:50 AM by smoltchanov »

There's also zero chance Putin is dumb enough to invade a NATO state, even with its usual proxies.

You are WAY more optimistic than I am.

And than me - too. Especially given sentiments of large parts of Russian people. Putin and his allies successfully resurrected old dreams of "Russian greatness" (essentially "Russia, Russia uber alles" - sounds familiar, doesn't it?Huh??) among majority of Russians. That helps to distract an attention of people from dire economic problems too. And policy of "appeasement" toward one rather agrressive leader  was tried by English and France leaders in Central Europe (Czech Republic, Austria and other countries) in 1938-39. Anyone needed to be reminded about it's results??

P.S. It's good to live beyond NATO umbrella and reason "let Putin have it, he will be satisfied with that and never go beyond". It's quite another thing to live under Putin's regime and observe everything happening on dayly basis...

P.S. 2 I already mentioned words i heard many times during conversations in Moscow after successfull Crimea annexion: "next one - Alaska!!!". They were said with all possible seriousness and conviction. In fact, majority of Russian people are more anti-West now, then Putin himself...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:08 AM »

More than that - right now it's on par with ISIL (though - in different ways) - one of 2 biggest threats to Western world
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »

More than that - right now it's on par with ISIL (though - in different ways) - one of 2 biggest threats to Western world

Um, no.

Sorry, but yes...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies