AZ-Sen: Fabrizio+Lee (R-Chamber of Commerce): McCain dominating, far above water
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:50:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ-Sen: Fabrizio+Lee (R-Chamber of Commerce): McCain dominating, far above water
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Sen: Fabrizio+Lee (R-Chamber of Commerce): McCain dominating, far above water  (Read 1804 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:23:28 PM »

https://twitter.com/RobEngstrom/status/620602132379639808

McCain 53
Kirkpatrick 38

Looks reasonable... until you get to the 56-37 approval rating. And you realize the 56% is the approval side.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were cooking numbers at this point.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »

When did his approvals get so high? What about the primary? I need more info Sad
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

McCain does not have 56% approval. Could this polling company be any more retarded?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »

McCain does not have 56% approval. Could this polling company be any more retarded?

it could be gravis
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 02:19:53 AM »

This poll is junk, but this seat will only flip to the Democrats if McCain loses the primary.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 06:53:38 AM »

This poll is junk, but this seat will only flip to the Democrats if McCain loses the primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 08:09:59 AM »

Only PPP polls has AZ close, where McCain was leading by six, anyways.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 04:04:19 PM »

Well, pretty clear what kind of bias this polling company has...
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »

Naturally - that was a given.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »

I'm not sure I really agree with the consensus here: McCain's approvals are TERRIBLE in non-joke polls. And unlike Mitch McConnell's shocking double digit wallop, the Democratic candidate is very solid and 2016 is not prone to be a 2014 scenario. I think it's equally likely Dems pick this seat up whether or not McCain is the nominee.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »

Don't forget that Kirkpatrick was supposed to be DOA in 2014, but won by 5 points. And while Ward can't beat McCain, she can drive up his negatives and give him an embarrassing margin of victory in the primary. McCain defeated Hayworth by 25 in 2010, but this time he probably won't even clear 20 points.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 05:11:49 PM »

I'm not sure I really agree with the consensus here: McCain's approvals are TERRIBLE in non-joke polls. And unlike Mitch McConnell's shocking double digit wallop, the Democratic candidate is very solid and 2016 is not prone to be a 2014 scenario. I think it's equally likely Dems pick this seat up whether or not McCain is the nominee.

McCain has already announced that he will campaign mostly on local issues. That usually works. And unlike other Republicans, he will do better among Hispanics. Ask Jeff Flake why he almost lost in 2012... because Carmona crushed him among Hispanics. I despise McCain, but there is no guarantee that an alternative candidate will be a better campaigner than him. In fact, it is really unlikely. McCane has the incumbency advantage on his side - just like Ayotte and Toomey.

Incumbency can turn into a disadavantage - There's a reason why Chris Dodd, George Voinovich, and Joe Lieberman didn't run for re-election.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 08:01:28 PM »

McCain has already announced that he will campaign mostly on local issues. That usually works. And unlike other Republicans, he will do better among Hispanics. Ask Jeff Flake why he almost lost in 2012... because Carmona crushed him among Hispanics. I despise McCain, but there is no guarantee that an alternative candidate will be a better campaigner than him. In fact, it is really unlikely. McCane has the incumbency advantage on his side - just like Ayotte and Toomey.

What local issues? He's a Senator.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 09:29:56 PM »

Right, because Mary Landrieu's and Mark Begich's 'local issues' campaigns worked so well Roll Eyes
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 09:44:17 PM »

What local issues? He's a Senator.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/mccain-run-reelection-2016-n336511
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »

Right, because Mary Landrieu's and Mark Begich's 'local issues' campaigns worked so well Roll Eyes

Both of them outperformed expectations. And how on earth did Landrieu run a "local issues" campaign?

She heavily ran on the fact that she was the chair of the energy committee and could get results for LA there.

Also, while Landrieu outperformed expectations in the runoff, she underperformed expectations in the jungle primary.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 11:06:57 PM »

Landrieu and Begich were also on ultra-hostile territory.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »

Donald Trump has been skewering John McCain.  That will hurt.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »

Landrieu and Begich were also on ultra-hostile territory.

Begich almost won re-election in 2014 in an R+10 state against the best possible Republican candidate. Begich's campaign was a roaring success.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies