MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum  (Read 8667 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: August 04, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »

Fun poll. One thing about Minnesota. It likes clean politics, and honest politicians. And when it comes to Hillary, well you know what the polls say about certain of her character traits at the moment. So maybe the dots are connecting here, maybe not.

And they will choose Bush or Walker who unlike her are squeaky clean and always tell the truth.
Gimme a break!

Minnesota has gone Republican only once since the 50's but if Republicans want to spend millions there instead of Ohio or Virginia then more power to them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »

People bring up Sanders' low name recognition like he's automatically going to be viewed more favorably as his name rec. increases.  Most of the people who are undecided about him are conservatives and moderates, while Liberals have mostly already made up their minds about him.

Uh, I assure you that many Republicans WANT Clinton to be the nominee.
Sorry, I was referring to PPP's cross tabs (though now I see I didn't mention my source), which show that Moderates and Conservatives have high undecideds with regards to Sanders' favorability.  

Most of the people who aren't familiar with Sanders are Moderates and Conservatives, which means he's going to have a hard time keeping his breakeven favorability rating.

Not that Clinton's favorables are anything to be proud of.  But Clinton doing poorly isn't a reason to hold Sanders up as the 'electable candidate', he's not.

Suppose Biden hops in?  He might end up getting most of his support from Hillary voters, which perhaps leaves an opening for Sanders. Maybe.

Yeah, as Michael Tomasky mentioned who better to play the role of Democrats savior than a guy who ran for president twice, was on a presidential primary ballot one time and got a whopping 1%?
Torie's and the other Republicans concern trolling is a truly a sight to behold.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »

You just cannot stop yourself from indulging in personal attacks can you px?

Calling you for your concern trolling is a personal attack? Please, you've been doing that for years. Let's not start about how many times you did the same thing with Obamacare, predicting doom and gloom since it was voted.

Also, you might find this article useful too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/29/upshot/likable-enough-clintons-exaggerated-favorability-problem.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

The underlying theory is, as The Post piece put it, that “presidential politics tends to be dominated by personality” and that Mrs. Clinton “may be hard pressed to win a traditional presidential election in which likability matters most.” Likewise, a Los Angeles Times article approvingly cited the maxim that “it’s often said that elections can boil down to a contest of who would a voter rather have a beer with.”

None of these claims are supported by the data.

Candidate perceptions are not a good predictor of the ultimate election outcome, especially this early. In April 1992, for instance, a Gallup poll found that Bill Clinton’s ratings were 34 percent favorable and 47 percent unfavorable, but he went on to defeat George H.W. Bush by more than five percentage points in the popular vote seven months later. By contrast, even though an April 2008 Gallup poll found that 60 percent of Americans had a favorable view of John McCain, he ended up losing to Barack Obama by more than seven percentage points.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »

I never called you or anyone else a troll, or engaging in trolling, px, which is a personal attack. You are accusing me and others of being insincere. That is an insult. Attack the ideas, not the poster. You should read what Dave thought was intractable from the moderated post examples he put up. Turns out he has close to zero tolerance for personal attacks. You are over the line here, in my opinion. I guess in due course we will find out one way or the other, if need be.

1)Trolling is quite a different thing from concern trolling, of which indeed I accuse you.

2)Care to comment the article I posted? Or doesn't titillate your intellect enough?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »

I never called you or anyone else a troll, or engaging in trolling, px, which is a personal attack. You are accusing me and others of being insincere. That is an insult. Attack the ideas, not the poster. You should read what Dave thought was intractable from the moderated post examples he put up. Turns out he has close to zero tolerance for personal attacks. You are over the line here, in my opinion. I guess in due course we will find out one way or the other, if need be.

1)Trolling is quite a different thing from concern trolling, of which indeed I accuse you.

2)Care to comment the article I posted? Or doesn't titillate your intellect enough?

What then is "concern trolling?" What does it mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#Concern_troll

The Hill published an op-ed piece by Markos Moulitsas of the liberal blog Daily Kos titled "Dems: Ignore 'Concern Trolls'". The concern trolls in question were not Internet participants but rather Republicans offering public advice and warnings to the Democrats. The author defines "concern trolling" as "offering a poisoned apple in the form of advice to political opponents that, if taken, would harm the recipient".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies