Department of Justice & Office of the Deputy Prime Minister - Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Department of Justice & Office of the Deputy Prime Minister - Statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Department of Justice & Office of the Deputy Prime Minister - Statement  (Read 6889 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »

As talks conclude with the NCL and the spectre of a general strike recedes, I have ordered the release of Afleitch from his house arrest.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 10:27:45 AM »

After consultation with Cabinet colleagues and taking into consideration the views of the labor leadership, I have introduced the Industrial Relations Act to the house. Below are my brief remarks on the legislation -

Mr. Speaker,

I have today as Minister for Justice introduced the Industrial Relations Act, a reasonable and moderate compromise between the rights and responsibilities of businesses and those of employees, respecting both the rights of marginalised groups and religious conscience, and establishing a framework for constructive and productive relations between organised labor and the state in years to come.

I expect that the honorable members of the Opposition will not be particularly enthused about this law, but I must thank the leadership of the National Congress of Labor for ignoring the clarion call of the communists on the far-left and avoiding a massive strike in response to the tragic events in Cochabamba that would have done little more than threaten to plunge the nation into instability and turn citizen against citizen. It is through cooperation, whatever our stark political differences, that a better and stronger South American will be built.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »

*a rotten tomato is thrown at the minister by an unknown assailant*
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »

Department of Justice

Just some housekeeping - I will be continuing to use this office thread rather than the deputy prime minister's office as long as I continue as Minister for Justice.

I've made some remarks to the house as the new government seeks the confidence of Parliament. I'm confident that our friends on the opposition benches will recognise the mandate we were given by the people and allow us the opportunity to govern.

In addition, I will be publishing a criminal justice proposal shortly, addressing some of the issues that have been raised over the lifetime of the last government and establishing penalties for crimes against the federal state. It's time we got our courts moving.

X Oakvale, MP
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister for Justice

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 11:27:43 AM »

Morning folks.

After discussions with the Social Liberals I was proud to cast my vote for Talleyrand as our next President. I had the privilege of working closely with him when he was deputy prime minister in the last coalition government, and I know he's someone of great integrity who will do our nation proud. We may be from different parties, but he has my full support as he takes on this demanding role.

Now on the broader issues, I must take my share of responsibility. No-one could deny that this hasn't been the government's finest hour - the grisly intersection of the season and extracurricular concerns, not to mention the tenuousness of governing as a minority has made progress slower than anyone would like this session. Let me be as clear as I can - I know that activity has not been at acceptable levels, and that needs to change. I accept my own part in this - "real life" meant that I have't been anywhere near as present as I'd like in recent weeks.

When Talleyrand is elected as our next President, I'll be proposing that Parliament take a recess until the New Year for the holiday season, to allow us all to recuperate, take a break and recover a bit. One of the problems with Atlasia was that it never ended - fortunately we don't have the same problem here. Let's take a week or two out, relax, and return rested and ready to keep moving forward.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies