In general, which are better places to live?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  In general, which are better places to live?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: In general, which are better places to live?
>80% Obama precincts

>80% Romney precincts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: In general, which are better places to live?  (Read 4022 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »

Both seem to attract very rundown areas, such as deep in Alabama or in the Bronx.

Check out this blighted rundown hellhole I was in the weekend before last:

AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:39 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 01:03:31 AM by AN63093 »

Old thread, but still sorta interesting.

I would live in either.  You can find blighted D>80 and R>80 precincts, you can also find nice and pleasant D>80 and R>80 precincts.

The main difference is, the D>80 precinct will be either an urban neighborhood or suburb in a metro where even the suburbs are strong D (e.g., the Bay Area), whereas the R>80 precinct will be, probably without exception, a suburb, exurb, or rural area.  These areas will mostly be farther out from the city center, though there are some inner suburbs mixed in there too (examples would include some North Shore towns on Long Island, and some Westchester areas, such as near Eastchester, which are not quite in the 80s, but close in the 70s).

On a sidenote, that makes me wonder.. what was the best "urban" precinct in the entire US for Trump?

Anyways, back to the topic, I would live in either.  I've lived in Manhattan, to the suburbs, to small towns, and everywhere in between.  I don't have an allergic reaction to the suburbs like some in my generation do.

Back in my early 20s, I probably would've preferred the D>80 precinct, due to convenience of being in the city center, so I could go out and get sh**tfaced or whatever in the pre-uber days.  But now I'm in my 30s and boring, so I don't care so much about that anymore.  Plus I have a nice car and like driving it, so commuting is fine (within reason, that is).

More important to me would be the metro area itself.  For example, a D>80 precinct in the Bay Area would be a poor fit for me, but not so much because it's a D>80 precinct, but because its in the Bay Area.  A D>80 precinct in DC or NY would be fine.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »

On a sidenote, that makes me wonder.. what was the best "urban" precinct in the entire US for Trump?

One of the Orthodox Jewish areas in NYC most likely.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2017, 06:32:10 PM »

I'm interested in what the most nonwhite 80% R district in the country would be. I took a look at couple random ones and there a few in SE Oklahoma which actually got down to 70% white, which wa interesting.

But, yeah, 80% D for me, since I have no desire to live in a rural area, and living in the type of suburb which votes 80% R doesn't like it'd be the most minority-friendly area.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »

80% Obama

While there are plenty of 80%+ Obama precincts in crime-ridden inner cities, there are also plenty of appealing ones such as trendy urban and inner suburban areas, and in college towns. I could not think of any 80%+ Romney precincts that I would like to live in, even if not focusing on election results.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »

80% Romney, for obvious reasons.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:23 AM »

Both seem to attract very rundown areas, such as deep in Alabama or in the Bronx.

Check out this blighted rundown hellhole I was in the weekend before last:

Nice cherrypicking
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies