Exam boost for students if pet dies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:59:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Exam boost for students if pet dies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Exam boost for students if pet dies  (Read 4145 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 10, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »

I have to say it's not as bad as what the US Postal Service exam was doing in the 80s and 90s.  If you were a female you got five points (out of 100) just for showing up.  If you were black you got five.  If you were a black female you got the full ten.  Seriously, as foolish and unfair as that English school plan is, we would be hypocritical to laugh at them, given our own history with this sort of mockery.

Actually our own history is much more jam-packed with examples of the G.W. Bush method of getting good 'grades' - as in economic class and familial connections.  It is hilarious to me that we mock some poor black woman for getting a free pass into some miserable mundane lower-middle class blue collar job, but not the fact that our entire economic and political elite automatically gets a free pass into power, luxury, and position.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 06:02:19 AM »

I'll try to work in a line about white anglo-saxon protestant plutocrats from new england who like to wear cowboy hats always getting a free ride in ivy league universities into that song somehow.  just for you.

Nothing so specific is necessary.  The statement all rich get a free pass is a lot more true than all black women get a free pass.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies