Iowa Radio Host: Bring Back Slavery but for Illegal Immigrants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:51:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Iowa Radio Host: Bring Back Slavery but for Illegal Immigrants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iowa Radio Host: Bring Back Slavery but for Illegal Immigrants  (Read 2400 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:06:36 PM »

WTF is wrong with this guy

He suggested after a certain period of time, if illegal immigrants don't leave, they should be slaves of the state and should be required to do jobs for the state. Disgusting, I never thought the immigration discussion could be this nasty, and that right wingers could really go this far. And they pretend to care about the constitution? The scary thing is, he actually has some influence in Iowa Caucus politics, otherwise I wouldn't be posting it.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »

There are people who want to repeal the 13th amendment and re-enslave all African-Americans too.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »

There are people who want to repeal the 13th amendment and re-enslave all African-Americans too.
With radio shows and influence in caucus politics?

What is wrong with these people?  I've noticed a huge escalation of late.
Jacobtm

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 06:22:06 PM »

Well they better hurry up and leave before some radio show host no one ever heard of reinstates slavery!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »

Well they better hurry up and leave before some radio show host no one ever heard of reinstates slavery!

Read the article. you may've never heard of him, but this guy is a known fixture in Iowa conservative politics.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »

Anyone of those currently residing outside mental institutions?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 01:47:40 PM »

I think Trump is opening the door for closet racists to let their hate flag fly. Like the guy who screamed out "white power!" at his rally in Alabama on Friday. Can you imagine that happening at any major candidate rally since Pat Buchanan?  Trump's talk of raping Mexicans and anchor babies has moved the line so far down it doesn't take much to jump over it to even more racist comments
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »

Well, whilst this type of comment is a bit left-field, it's not as if illegal immigrants are entitled to constitutional rights.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:03:59 PM »

Well, whilst this type of comment is a bit left-field, it's not as if illegal immigrants are entitled to constitutional rights.

The Thirteenth Amendment comprehensively bans slavery from existing in the United States, it doesn't just extend not being enslaved as a right to citizens.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »

Most of the Constitution doesn't just apply to citizens too. For example illegal immigrants still can't be denied free speech, have their property searched without a warrant, be subject to cruel and unusual punishment, etc. Also applies to legal permanent or temporary residents.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »

When the media and the democratic party started acting as if mainstream republicans were unserious jokes, it gave the people who were usurious jokes some legitimacy. I'm embarrassed for my party and conservatives in general.
Jacobtm

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2015, 06:35:12 PM by Delicious Steak Pentagram »

When the media and the democratic party started acting as if mainstream republicans were unserious jokes, it gave the people who were usurious jokes some legitimacy. I'm embarrassed for my party and conservatives in general.

This attitude is why Trump is winning, people hate the fact that Republicans are more concerned with being "embarassed" in front of liberals than they are with actually implementing any policies that would help this country or their constituents.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »

This attitude is why Trump is winning, people hate the fact that Republicans are more concerned with being "embarassed" in front of liberals than they are with actually implementing any policies that would help this country or their constituents.
If you think this policy would actually help this country, then Republicans should be glad you don't consider yourself one of them. In a national election, such a proposal would be not merely the kiss of death for a campaign but full fledged necrophilia.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »

The fact you see advocating literal enslavement of illegal immigrants as "a tad left field" says little about your humanity.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »

It's less about being "embarrassed in front of liberals" as it is people being upset that those who use the same descriptive ideological words and party affiliation (e.g. "conservative" and "Republican") as them spouting idiotic crap like this.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 07:34:12 PM »

Trump is really giving these white supremacist assholes the confidence to let people know how racist they are. It's really disgusting.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »

Trump is really giving these white supremacist assholes the confidence to let people know how racist they are. It's really disgusting.

Yup, this goes well beyond LOLGOP: 2016 Edition.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies