Abortion and parental consent (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:30:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion and parental consent (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should minors need parental consent to get an abortion (in situations where you think abortion should be legal)?
No, they should be allowed to get an abortion (in some or all situations) without consent, regardless of age.

Yes, in some cases (explain).

Yes, in all cases.

No, abortion should always be illegal (except if mother's life is at risk).

Other (explain).

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Abortion and parental consent  (Read 3531 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »

Option 1 (sane)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »

I think a child being pregnant should have parental consent for getting or not getting a abortion,

You're saying parents should be able to force their daughters to have an abortion? That's horrifying.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:27:24 PM »

Pro-choice and pro-life are meaningless words adopted because they sound good, not because they have anything to do with reality, I could just as well say I'm pro-woman or pro-human, it would be rather meaningless, but it sounds good and allow me to take the moral highground, whether I inhabit it or not.

Considering your horrible views, you most definitely do not.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:44:08 AM »

Pro-choice and pro-life are meaningless words adopted because they sound good, not because they have anything to do with reality, I could just as well say I'm pro-woman or pro-human, it would be rather meaningless, but it sounds good and allow me to take the moral highground, whether I inhabit it or not.

Considering your horrible views, you most definitely do not.

That's the problem with you, you're too afraid to get your hands dirty. I don't look at reality and try to fit it into my ideology, I look at reality and adapt my beliefs to it. But in the end the things you support lead to more people suffering, which you then blame on the people who told you how it would end up. But at least your hands are clean.

In this case I don't look at abortion as some kind of binary choice between wrong or right, I think it's a perfect example of a issue where both sides are right, and you have to make some ugly compromises to reach a point where suffering are minimised.

If I get called a stubborn unrealistic ideologue by Ingermann and a soulless wishy-washy moderate by TNF, that means I must be doing something right. Smiley

And if you actually think letting parents force their daughters to have an abortion against their own will will "minimize suffering", you clearly don't have a firm grasp on reality.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »

Why should a minor be allowed to get an abortion without parental consent but not be able to get married without it?

Because the right to bodily autonomy is more fundamental than the right to marry.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 08:46:40 PM »

Abortion violates every amendment to the constitution. The child doesn't get to experience any freedoms that this country proclaims to love.

That is not how the Constitution works.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies