Abortion and parental consent (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:29:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion and parental consent (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should minors need parental consent to get an abortion (in situations where you think abortion should be legal)?
No, they should be allowed to get an abortion (in some or all situations) without consent, regardless of age.

Yes, in some cases (explain).

Yes, in all cases.

No, abortion should always be illegal (except if mother's life is at risk).

Other (explain).

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Abortion and parental consent  (Read 3529 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: August 22, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

I think a child being pregnant should have parental consent for getting or not getting a abortion,

You're saying parents should be able to force their daughters to have an abortion? That's horrifying.

Yes I think that parents should be able to force their 12 year daughter to have a abortion. A abortion are much less invasive than a pregnancy, let alone giving birth, especially for someone who isn't yet fully grown.

Doesn't that kind of go against the idea of being, you know, pro-choice?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:26:43 PM »

No, it should be illegal (except for the exceptions yada yada), but parental consent would be a fair compromise, at least temporarily.

Is it really? Either you conciser the life of a fetus equivalent to that of a newborn baby, which means parental consent wouldn't make it any more morally acceptable to kill it, or you don't, which mean's parental connect doesn't matter becasue it's morally acceptable anyway. How does this compromise make sense for either side?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »

No, it should be illegal (except for the exceptions yada yada), but parental consent would be a fair compromise, at least temporarily.

Is it really? Either you conciser the life of a fetus equivalent to that of a newborn baby, which means parental consent wouldn't make it any more morally acceptable to kill it, or you don't, which mean's parental connect doesn't matter becasue it's morally acceptable anyway. How does this compromise make sense for either side?

I do consider the life of a fetus equivalent to that of a newborn baby, so you're right parental consent wouldn't make it any more morally acceptable, but I think this would lead to less abortions. I want to see more done on restricting abortion, but if I was a legislator and I had to vote on this bill I would support it because it probably would lead to less abortions, and I think less abortions is good.

I suppose that's fair enough. Still doesn't make sense from a pro-choice perspective, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies