Danish Referendum on converting EU justice opt-out to opt-in, 3 December 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:33:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Danish Referendum on converting EU justice opt-out to opt-in, 3 December 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Danish Referendum on converting EU justice opt-out to opt-in, 3 December 2015  (Read 10628 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: August 25, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »

Surprised that so many DanishFolk are supporting YES, if I'm honest.

Why? Yes gives us all the advantages we have and increased flexibility to join whatever might be beneficial.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »

Why? Yes gives us all the advantages we have and increased flexibility to join whatever might be beneficial.

Yeah, as a strong eurosceptic, the opt-in seems rather attractive even to me. I honestly wouldn't immediately know what to vote in this referendum.

Still, I'd be afraid that someday, a left-wing government will chose to "opt-in" in joint programs that might not be beneficial to Denmark, just for the sake of the European ideal. If all yes-parties agree (and I trust V's and C's "euroscepticism" as much as I trust the VVD's and the CDA's sudden "euroscepticism" - not at all), they're good to go without any referendum.

There is no Euroscepticism in Venstre - some are more or less enthusiastic about the EU, but no prominent members qualify as actual sceptics.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

The Eurosceptic parties (Red Greens, LA and DPP) + the People's Movement against the EU have formed an alliance and agreed on setting aside their differences and presenting a common "No" platform.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 06:51:58 AM »

New poll show a No majority for the first time. A third of voters are still undecided:

Yes 31%
No 36%
Undecided 34%

(only got the rounded numbers)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies