Abraham Will Announce Challenge to Stabenow Soon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Abraham Will Announce Challenge to Stabenow Soon
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abraham Will Announce Challenge to Stabenow Soon  (Read 1852 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:25:34 PM »

From The Hill:

Jane Abraham, the wife of former Sen. Spencer Abraham (R-Mich.), is all but certain to announce her candidacy for her husband’s old seat by the end of the month, conservative activists say.
Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), who narrowly beat Spencer Abraham in 2000, is up for reelection next year.

A Michigan Republican said yesterday that Abraham, the head of an anti-abortion group called the Susan B. Anthony List, met last week with leading fundraisers around the state. The Republican estimated that it would cost the GOP nominee $20 million to take back the seat in the Democratic-leaning state.
Once she jumps in, Abraham is likely to emerge as the GOP front-runner. The Rev. Keith Butler of Detroit is the only Republican officially running for the Senate nomination but has failed to get leading Republicans in Michigan and Washington to rally around him.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:52:46 PM »

Stabenow has generally been underrated politically, among the culprits being myself, but Abraham is potentially a solid candidate.

The GOP has a lot more money than the DNC-- in part because Dean was overrated as a fundraiser (which I predicted, by the way). In any case, if Abraham gets off the ground OK and is even somewhat close, the GOP can throw unlimited funds at MI.
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 10:34:38 AM »

Republicans should wait for 2008. if hillary gets the nomination it would help the republicans if they sit and wait to challenge expected retiree Carl Levin.

Debbie Stabenow though will get re-elected. Shes 1/14 i think women in the senate.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 04:08:34 PM »

Debbie Stabenow though will get re-elected. Shes 1/14 i think women in the senate.

And Jane Abraham falls down in that respect, how exactly?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:15:46 PM »

I was hoping she would run, considering all the really good candidates refuse too. She will lose 47-52, but at least it won't be a Stabenow blowout it would have been with a no name candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies