Will Trump win the GOP nomination in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:27:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Trump win the GOP nomination in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump win the GOP nomination in 2016?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Will Trump win the GOP nomination in 2016?  (Read 6104 times)
MisSkeptic
United States

« on: August 31, 2015, 09:59:33 PM »

No, Trump will not become the nominee. So far, the only candidates I can imagine getting nominated are Jeb Bush or John Kasich.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »

No, Trump will not become the nominee. So far, the only candidates I can imagine getting nominated are Jeb Bush or John Kasich.

Jeb has less chance than Trump. GOP primary voters are in no mood to nominate a Bush

Never say never! Why, because Jeb can easily rally conservatives who admire both his father and older brother as former presidents. The only problem is if the voting base doesn't care and ignores anything Jeb throws at them.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:37:44 PM »

Jeb has less chance than Trump. GOP primary voters are in no mood to nominate a Bush

Never say never! Why, because Jeb can easily rally conservatives who admire both his father and older brother as former presidents. The only problem is if the voting base doesn't care and ignores anything Jeb throws at them.

There are NO conservatives who admire his brother and father.

I would have to respectfully disagree. Namely my parents identify as conservatives and they admire the Bushes greatly. Of course everyone has different opinions, but what I was hinting at earlier was that Jeb's campaign can promote that he would be just as successful as both his father and brother, which will influence Bush supporters who still have a lot of respect for the Bushes.   
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:48:01 PM »

I would have to respectfully disagree. Namely my parents identify as conservatives and they admire the Bushes greatly. Of course everyone has different opinions, but what I was hinting at earlier was that Jeb's campaign can promote that he would be just as successful as both his father and brother, which will influence Bush supporters who still have a lot of respect for the Bushes.   

"" Jeb's campaign can promote that he would be just as successful as both his father and brother""

at what?Huh? turning the country over to the Dems?

I have to admit that was funny. No, what I mean is "nostalgia". Like how Jeb can present the presidencies of his both his father and brother as happy and successful teams. voters who support the Bushes will eat that up because of how unpopular President Obama is with them.

Hopefully this makes sense. 
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:53 PM »

"" Jeb's campaign can promote that he would be just as successful as both his father and brother""

at what?Huh? turning the country over to the Dems?

I have to admit that was funny. No, what I mean is "nostalgia". Like how Jeb can present the presidencies of his both his father and brother as happy and successful teams. voters who support the Bushes will eat that up because of how unpopular President Obama is with them.

Hopefully this makes sense. 

no it doesnt

Just imagine that, regardless if you're a hard line Bush supporter or simply like the Bush presidencies, you could be influenced by program by the Jeb campaign where he tries to get support from conservatives who have either respect for the former Bushes or see him as a better alternative because he can use nostalgia to attract voters.

Forgive me if this sounds confusing. I'm never good at explaining my views and opinions. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Jeb can run a successful campaign which he can attract voters who would like to see another Bush presidency than a Clinton's or Obama's. 
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 11:05:26 PM »

NO ONE WANTS TO SEE ANOTHER BUSH PRESIDENCY

Maybe some people out there do. Just saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies