2020: Cuomo-Edwards vs. Sandoval-Vitter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:44:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: Cuomo-Edwards vs. Sandoval-Vitter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020: Cuomo-Edwards vs. Sandoval-Vitter  (Read 539 times)
JonathanSwift
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2015, 04:48:40 PM »

In 2016, Vice President Joe Biden and running mate Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts win in a landslide against a Republican ticket composed of Carly Fiorina and Ben Carson. After a surprisingly uneventful term, President Biden fulfills a campaign promise made in 2016 not to run for a second term. Vice President Warren also declines to run, citing age/health-related concerns. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo triumphs over a weak Democratic field to win his party's nomination. He chooses Maryland Senator Donna Edwards as his running mate.

On the Republican side, former Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval wins the nomination and chooses Louisiana Governor David Vitter as his running mate.

Who wins? Discuss with maps.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »

LOL at Cuomo picking Edwards.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »

I thought about making Kate Brown or Tammy Baldwin the VP nominee, but I figured that after four years of Biden-Warren, Democrats would rather have a racial minority on the ticket.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »

I thought about making Kate Brown or Tammy Baldwin the VP nominee, but I figured that after four years of Biden-Warren, Democrats would rather have a racial minority on the ticket.
My point is that Cuomo is pretty centrist so for him to pick Edwards, Baldwin or even Brown is kind of a stretch, to me at least. Anyways my map:

I think it would be close due to Cuomo's centrist beliefs and to Sandoval's reach to latinos.
But I think Cuomo had enough clout somewhat because of Edwards the east to pull off VA, Sandoval would take the east and south somewhat due to Vitter. Anyways, for your amusement.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies