Most popular/Least popular Governor..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:59:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most popular/Least popular Governor..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most popular/Least popular Governor.....  (Read 8338 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: May 11, 2005, 01:04:19 AM »

19% for Bob Taft?  Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  Thank God there's not much more of him left to go.

What did he do that's so bad? I heard he's a RINO.

He opposed the ban on gay marriage and supported the biggest tax increase in state history.

I never thought I'd be defending the Taft family, but he is being unfairly hated by his own party.

The reason he opposed the gay marriage bill was because it will cause companies to not create jobs in Ohio, since the state's ban was extreme and banned a lot more gay rights than just marriage. Taft was trying to attract business to Ohio and the Republicans still hate him! This is proof the GOP is totally dominated by Christian fundamentalists.

I don't know anything about his tax bill but thats probably just the usual Republican whining about taxes, which never ends, no matter how low taxes are.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jodi Rell of Connecticut. Late last year, after she took office, she had an approval rating of 70%. I'm sure its lower now. But she still has a good chance of being elected next year. In one poll she even beat very popular Richard Blumenthal 49%-46%. He had a great chance in 2002 but blew it for unknown reasons.

Now the Republicans here will probably dislike her because she signed the civil unions bill, but please remember that she is the Governor of a pretty liberal state.

Also, she won't give a reprieve to Michael Ross, who will become the first New England citizen to be deliberately  murdered by government decree in 45 YEARS this month, so she is not a RINO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies