SC-PPP: D: Clinton 54% Biden 24%; R: Trump 37% Carson 21% Bush 6% Cruz 6% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:29:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  SC-PPP: D: Clinton 54% Biden 24%; R: Trump 37% Carson 21% Bush 6% Cruz 6% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-PPP: D: Clinton 54% Biden 24%; R: Trump 37% Carson 21% Bush 6% Cruz 6%  (Read 3838 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: September 12, 2015, 12:53:43 AM »

Can anyone explain to me why Sanders is repeatedly at around 25% in GA, but only at around 10% in SC ?

The Dem. primary electorate should be roughly the same in both states, no ? 60% minorities and 40% Whites. So, why the big difference between the two states ?

It's a bit confusing to me as well, considering this.

Lot more liberal whites in the Atlanta area than in any of South Carolina.

I suppose this makes sense, but it's not as if Democratic presidential primaries are going to feature radically different groups of whites between the two states. Even if the whites who vote in the SC Democratic primary are less cosmopolitan and more rural, they're not necessarily likely to be substantially more conservative than the ones in GA (even with ATL's influence on GA, whites in SC are about 4 points more Democratic than in GA).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies