Australia General Discussion 2.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:12:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia General Discussion 2.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38
Author Topic: Australia General Discussion 2.0  (Read 92376 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2018, 01:27:06 PM »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/12/nine-year-old-attacked-refusing-stand-australian-anthem-white/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »

Nine-year-old girl for PM
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #877 on: September 12, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »

Hanson advocating assault against a 9-year-old. Classy... not
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #878 on: September 15, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »

Great cartoons.

I shouldn't laugh.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #879 on: September 15, 2018, 10:47:21 PM »

The best poll aggregator in Australia is the BludgerTrack, run by PollBludger.
https://www.pollbludger.net/bludgertrack2019/
Because of the large swing the polls have been showing, I have decided to compile a rudimentary swingometer/mackerras pendulum based on the BludgerTracker's individual seat predictions. I'll be updating the spreadsheet every fortnight or so up to the election, to keep track of the latest poll movements. I've updated the spreadsheet so it all runs of equations so I only need to paste the original table in to update. I've also added the projected 2PP and the projected swing.
Because I can't seem to upload documents I've have a screenshot of the marginal seats.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #880 on: September 16, 2018, 06:51:30 AM »

So if the Federal election were held tomorrow, who would win?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #881 on: September 16, 2018, 06:54:41 AM »

So if the Federal election were held tomorrow, who would win?
Labor by a country mile. The only question would be whether they could break 100 seats.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #882 on: September 16, 2018, 06:55:05 AM »

Ipsos (link to the smh article) has released an absolutely garbage poll (not unusually) for the Fairfax papers. The TPP is only 53-47 to Labor, and the primaries are far worse. The Liberals on a reasonable 34% but Labor all the way down to 31% (vs 42% last newspoll). The Greens meanwhile have somehow found their way to a 15% primary vote, despite not passing 10% in the Newspoll since August 2017.
Pollbludger sums it up best: "Ipsos’ primary vote numbers are still idiosyncratic, with an already over-inflated Greens gaining two points to 15%, while Labor slumps four to 31% and the Coalition gains one to 34%."
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #883 on: September 25, 2018, 11:20:50 PM »

Ipsos (link to the smh article) has released an absolutely garbage poll (not unusually) for the Fairfax papers. The TPP is only 53-47 to Labor, and the primaries are far worse. The Liberals on a reasonable 34% but Labor all the way down to 31% (vs 42% last newspoll). The Greens meanwhile have somehow found their way to a 15% primary vote, despite not passing 10% in the Newspoll since August 2017.
Pollbludger sums it up best: "Ipsos’ primary vote numbers are still idiosyncratic, with an already over-inflated Greens gaining two points to 15%, while Labor slumps four to 31% and the Coalition gains one to 34%."

. . . They have Labor behind on primaries?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #884 on: October 16, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »

"ABC24 Accidentally Broadcast Live Images From Inside Liberal Party Room"
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #885 on: October 16, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

The ipsos poll was 55-45 Labor, not 53-47. The 53-47 was from newspoll
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #886 on: October 16, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »

"ABC24 Accidentally Broadcast Live Images From Inside Liberal Party Room"

I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this over the next year.
Also, the image is from the Betoota Advocate (Australia's version of The Onion) and the full article is hilarious.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #887 on: October 17, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »

What the hell happened in the Liberal Party yesterday?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #888 on: October 19, 2018, 02:44:47 AM »

Meanwhile ScoMo's staffers have continued to astound everyone with their sheer level of competence. /s
They have forgotten to renew his website (www.scottmorrison.com.au) so someone has bought the domain and it now plays an lewd obscure rock song called "Scotty Doesn't Know". And in case you think they couldn't be that stupid, the ABC's story on it.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-19/scott-morrison-website-taken-over-internet-prank/10395220
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #889 on: October 19, 2018, 02:55:13 AM »

Also, Mark Humphries new satirical segment on 7.30 is hilarious.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #890 on: October 20, 2018, 04:04:10 AM »

And on a 22% swing we have lost the Wentworth by-election to Independent Kerryn Phelps, and with it our majority in the House of Representatives.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #891 on: October 20, 2018, 05:17:58 AM »

Meanwhile, in other Australian political news, out in Woop Woop noted inbred tomato Barnaby Joyce is agitating for Michael McCormack to give him his old job back already. The question of whether to choose a man even more boring than Chris Bowen or a inbred Tomato imitating a Farmer with anger-management problems and a irrational hatred of Carp is one the Nationals will have to grapple with.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #892 on: October 20, 2018, 07:09:45 AM »

More like a lolIndividualSeats situation.

Though in fairness, that isn't the only poll that shows a big swing against Turnbull. Although the district is very blue-ribbon it's in a different sort of way to say Mitchell....voters there tend to some left-wing views, especially on social matters and are probably disappointed in Turnbull's right-wing turn.

I'll make a bold prediction though - the next winner of Wentworth will be a Green. I'll probably look like an idiot, but demographically a lot of the seat is pretty good for them and I'm about 90% sure there'll be a by-election there soon....

Are you saying you think the Libs are going to lose?
No. But it'll be close enough that the right-wing of the Libs will strike back and topple Turnbull this term even assuming they win.
LOL, this turned out to be a brilliant call.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #893 on: October 20, 2018, 07:50:27 AM »

More like a lolIndividualSeats situation.

Though in fairness, that isn't the only poll that shows a big swing against Turnbull. Although the district is very blue-ribbon it's in a different sort of way to say Mitchell....voters there tend to some left-wing views, especially on social matters and are probably disappointed in Turnbull's right-wing turn.

I'll make a bold prediction though - the next winner of Wentworth will be a Green. I'll probably look like an idiot, but demographically a lot of the seat is pretty good for them and I'm about 90% sure there'll be a by-election there soon....

Are you saying you think the Libs are going to lose?
No. But it'll be close enough that the right-wing of the Libs will strike back and topple Turnbull this term even assuming they win.
LOL, this turned out to be a brilliant call.
Took a while, but it happened haha
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #894 on: October 20, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

And on a 22% swing we have lost the Wentworth by-election to Independent Kerryn Phelps, and with it our majority in the House of Representatives.

Does that mean a new election is imminent? Looking at Wikipedia there seems to be one National MP who is sitting with the opposition for some bizarre reason (I guess he could go back to the government bench). Alternatively I guess at least one of the independents can defend the government? Or Katter/Centre Alliance?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #895 on: October 20, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »

Does that mean a new election is imminent? Looking at Wikipedia there seems to be one National MP who is sitting with the opposition for some bizarre reason (I guess he could go back to the government bench). Alternatively I guess at least one of the independents can defend the government? Or Katter/Centre Alliance?
We have a majority. The crossbencher National has confirmes that he'll support us on confidence and supplyKerry Phelps has said she'll support us on confidence and supply, Bob Katter has said he'll support us on confidence and supply, Cathy McGowan has said she'll support us on confidence and supply.

(The National MP is on the crossbench to protest the Turnbull knifing. He's still part of the government, he's a member of the Coalition party room, he just happens to sit on the crossbench.)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #896 on: October 20, 2018, 06:49:59 PM »

The only way an election happens is if the government loses a no confidence motion and fails to form a government in the time given. For them to lose a no-confidence motion, that would require all the crossbenchers to vote with Labor. That's not going to happen. There is a world of difference between a Katter and a McGowan and people like Bandt and Wilkie.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #897 on: October 26, 2018, 05:01:11 AM »

Today's Pope is fantastic. Particularly puppetted Pyne.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: October 26, 2018, 06:14:47 AM »

The federal National Party's treasurer and candidate for the Shepparton district in November's state election, Peter Schwartz, has been implicated in a corruption scandal involving the use of $850,000 given to the party for use in water saving type issues.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/no-work-done-after-nationals-treasurer-got-850k-water-saving-grant-20181025-p50bve.html
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #899 on: November 06, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »

https://www.perthnow.com.au/politics/federal-politics/mark-latham-to-join-pauline-hansons-one-nation-party-ng-b881014130z

Mark Latham, former leader of the Labor Party to join One Nation.

That is the political equivalent of Hillary Clinton teaming up with Alex Jones.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies