NH: WMUR/UNH: Ayotte up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:54:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  NH: WMUR/UNH: Ayotte up
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH: WMUR/UNH: Ayotte up  (Read 1522 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2015, 07:35:15 PM »

https://cola.unh.edu/sites/cola.unh.edu/files/research_publications/gsp2015_fall_senate100515.pdf

Ayotte 45
Hassan 43

Also, favorables:

Hassan 52/26
Ayotte 47/28

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:49:24 PM »

Looks about right. This race should be very close right up to election day.
JMT

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »

Yeah, this race will most likely be close throughout the whole cycle. At this point I could see either Hassan or Ayotte winning. Pure tossup. Dems must be very happy Hassan decided to run for Senate, I know I am!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 12:15:49 AM »

Dems can afford a loss in Pa, as FL, OH & NV will be close as well.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 01:23:58 AM »

Ayotte should be up by double digits right now. Hassan hasn't even started campaigning and Republicans usually do very well in the early polls. Leans D.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 06:33:48 AM »

Ayotte should be up by double digits right now. Hassan hasn't even started campaigning and Republicans usually do very well in the early polls. Leans D.
Incumbency probably plays a role that puts Ayotte in the lead, but I wouldn't call it a leans D when the democrat has trailed in the last few polls. You yourself criticize dem hacks here who like to ignore when polls don't favor them, don't be like them.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »

Portman; Ayotte, Kirk, Johnson & Jolly have been consistently tied or behind their Dem opponents in a presidential yr. That's not good enough to be an inc.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »

Portman; Ayotte, Kirk, Johnson & Jolly have been consistently tied or behind their Dem opponents in a presidential yr. That's not good enough to be an inc.

Ayotte was usually ahead, Portman - depends on poll, Jolly is NOT an incumbent. Johnson - yes, almost always. But, usually, only he and Kirk...
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 11:19:38 AM »

Hassan isn't going to win this race unless Ayotte's approval ratings plummet. The popular incumbent will win nearly every time, even if their opponent is popular as well.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:52 PM »

TN, don't take this the wrong way, but you're really not making much sense. You're trying to pull things out of your ass to make this Lean D. Any logical conclusion would be that this is a toss-up at the moment. Certainly you could be projecting into the future, and that's fine, though it doesn't make much sense that Pennsylvania would be Likely R if that's the case.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 06:12:58 PM »

TN, don't take this the wrong way, but you're really not making much sense. You're trying to pull things out of your ass to make this Lean D. Any logical conclusion would be that this is a toss-up at the moment. Certainly you could be projecting into the future, and that's fine, though it doesn't make much sense that Pennsylvania would be Likely R if that's the case.

I have never claimed that PA is Likely R. Never. It's still an uphill climb for the GOP, but it is certainly more winnable than NH. Just because Larry Sabato says that NH is an elastic state, that doesn't make it true. The Hassan-Ayotte race may be a Toss-up at the moment and Ayotte may just barely survive (with 48%/49% of the vote) if she runs a perfect campaign (her gender will certainly play a huge role as well), but I think all female Hillary voters will support Hassan in the end.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »

I have never claimed that PA is Likely R. Never. It's still an uphill climb for the GOP, but it is certainly more winnable than NH. Just because Larry Sabato says that NH is an elastic state, that doesn't make it true. The Hassan-Ayotte race may be a Toss-up at the moment and Ayotte may just barely survive (with 48%/49% of the vote) if she runs a perfect campaign (her gender will certainly play a huge role as well), but I think all female Hillary voters will support Hassan in the end.

You colored it as Likely R in your most recent post in the senate predictions thread.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »

Inb4 all the red avatars come in and somehow spin this poll as evidence that Hassan will win big.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »

Ayotte isnt Mark Kirk, but I dont doubt the Clinton coattails in a state like NH, just like Clinton is on Sanders heals in the primary and clinch the nomination.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »

You colored it as Likely R in your most recent post in the senate predictions thread.

Yeah, but I was talking about the presidential race. It's true that I've rated the PA Senate race Likely R - and for good reasons, too. I'll probably move NH from Leans D to Toss-up soon, though.

I went and saw the post, and there was nothing about the presidential race. There's really no justification for PA being Likely R. Its less elastic than the nation, and the Democratic presidential candidate will give the Democratic senatorial candidate a high floor. Even if its something like the Governor race in 2010, PA should at the most be Lean R unless Sestak or McGinty kills someone.

Don't mean to be hard on you, it just doesn't make much sense to me.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 09:47:48 PM »

Inb4 all the red avatars come in and somehow spin this poll as evidence that Hassan will win big.

If either of them wins, its not gonna be by a huge margin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies