ATTENTION: Motion to End Debate (Motion Suspended)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:22:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTENTION: Motion to End Debate (Motion Suspended)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTENTION: Motion to End Debate (Motion Suspended)  (Read 1665 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2016, 11:36:21 PM »
« edited: April 29, 2016, 06:17:38 PM by Senator Truman »

Alright, folks, here's where things stand:

• All proposals entered before this Convention have accordingly been brought to the floor, debated, and put to a vote;

• There are no further proposals currently on the floor;

• Debate has virtually ceased for the past 48 hours;

In light of this state of affairs, it is my opinion as Presiding Officer of this Convention that there is nothing left to say in the way of substantial additions or alterations to the proposed Constitution. I therefore motion to end all debate and proceed to a final vote.

If there are no objections in 24 hours, we will prepare the final draft of the proposed Constitution and move for a final vote on the entire document. I urge all delegates to consult the "Committee on Style" thread and propose all grammatical/stylistic changes as may be needed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:42:48 PM »

I am going to have a couple of things that can hopefully be discussed (I already posted about two of them in the Style thread) as I continue to read through the current document and attempt to ensure there are no loose ends. Additionally, it may be necessary for us to vote/approve wording/spelling corrections as amendments to the document, if we are to be technical (for instance, specifying the actual article numbers and (hopefully) eliminating all of these redundant 18th century capitalizations).
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »

In accordance with the wishes of the delegates, this motion has been suspended until further notice.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies