Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:30:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man  (Read 8490 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2015, 10:43:39 PM »

Whatever. This argument is going nowhere and it's high time I start focusing my energy on something productive. Feel free to proclaim yourself the winner of this debate, if that makes you feel better. Most of the forum already thinks so anyway. Vox populi vox dei, I guess. I'm obviously still open to discussing my moral perspective on animal suffering with people who are interested in a genuine exchange of ideas rather than in gotchas. But I'm done with you.

I presented so many substantive responses to your points, and gave you methodical constructions of them.  I even walked you through an analogy you disputed in excruciating detail.  When you accused me of being insubstantive, or misrepresenting your opinions, or singularly bringing the conversation back to debate conduct, I went through the post record and explained how those things were demonstrably untrue.  Instead of correcting yourself, or at least defending your accusation, you move on to a new accusation, and then refuse to defend that.

The only reason I did a "gotcha" was because you misconstructed a fundamental part of your argument, and then blamed me for not asking the "right questions" -- even though I was addressing your argument as listed.  I never declined to logically address a point you made, or respond to a criticism of my argument.  No one reading this believes I'm not interested in a genuine exchange of ideas.  I doubt you believe that.  Criticizing your debate conduct is not incompatible with a substantive exchange of ideas.

Stop trying to close the conversation while simultaneously making unjustified potshots you're unwilling to defend.  I will continue to respond to crap that can be easily disproven simply by looking at our conversation.  Either defend your accusations, or don't make them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies