Taiwanese election, Jan 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:04:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Taiwanese election, Jan 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taiwanese election, Jan 2016  (Read 21542 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: January 13, 2016, 09:40:50 PM »
« edited: January 13, 2016, 09:42:57 PM by ag »

30% of Taiwanese approve of the CCP? Out of curiosity, are these some kind of hardcore left-wingers, right-wingers dreaming of becoming a HK-style SAR, or some kind of third mixture?

Hmm. Maybe the CCP should run candidates in Taiwan. Clearly they'd have some support! The constitutional implications of that would of course be prohibitive, though.

e: Also, what role, if any, does the military play in all this?

Chinese Communist Party has not been a left-wing party for a long time. It is an anti-democratic strong government law-and-order nationalist party with fairly extreme pro-business and anti-social-net policies in economics - a mixture that in most countries we know of would be, if anything, far right. Why would any left-wingers support it?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 01:54:18 AM »

Chinese Communist Party has not been a left-wing party for a long time. It is an anti-democratic strong government law-and-order nationalist party with fairly extreme pro-business and anti-social-net policies in economics - a mixture that in most countries we know of would be, if anything, far right. Why would any left-wingers support it?

I think your view of party policy is pretty....skewed.  To call their policy far-right is just wrong.  But you are right in saying that most left-wingers are very Sinophobic these days.  It's sad. 

And honestly, even if the Communist Party was "far-right", I would still support them.  There's been a few hickups along the way, but what they've done for my people has been nothing short of incredible.  When my ancestors left China, it was an impoverished, feudal hellhole and one of the most backwards countries in Eurasia.  Now they're an emerging superpower and one of the wealthiest countries in the world.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I cried while watching the military parade a few months ago.  I love China, I love the Party, and I love how proud they make me feel.

There was a guy like that back in grad school. We used to call him "Chairman Meng" Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »

great news (I do not like CPC Smiley)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies