Taiwanese election, Jan 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Taiwanese election, Jan 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taiwanese election, Jan 2016  (Read 21541 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: September 27, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »

The very curious Lee-Teng Hui who seemed to change his mind about the entire stated purpose of his party midway through his leadership

In what way?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2015, 08:04:56 PM by politicus »

This is very marginal, but I am curious:

The founder of the Danish People's Party (and current Speaker) Pia Kjærsgaard (68) is known to have very good personal contacts to prominent figures on the right wing of KMT (from her own generation - so rather old now), contacts established through some anti-Communist 80s/90s network I can't remember. I basically only know KMT as a historical party (pre-multi party politics), so how right wing is KMT today? What kind of international contacts do they have? Are there any other contacts to Western New Right/right wing populist parties? How about in Asia?

It has had the odd side effect that apart from EU and Israel, Taiwan and PRC is basically the only foreign policy issue DPP cares about and even if they generally don't give a damn about the right to demonstrate they have been remarkably critical of the Copenhagen police's heavy handed efforts to silence/harass/remove Falun Gong sympathisers and pro-Tibet activists during the Chinese President's last state visit. Kjærsgaard is also the Deputy Chairman of the Danish Taiwanese Society (it's chairman is a former Liberal cabinet Minister).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies