On 60 Minutes Donald Trump Accidentally Proposes Radical Reform of Health Care
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:22:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  On 60 Minutes Donald Trump Accidentally Proposes Radical Reform of Health Care
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: On 60 Minutes Donald Trump Accidentally Proposes Radical Reform of Health Care  (Read 1272 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2015/09/27/on-60-minutes-donald-trump-accidentally-proposes-radical-reform-of-u-s-healthcare/
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »

And he's going to make Mexico pay for it too!
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »

Once again, Republicans are having an incredibly hard time proposing an alternative to Obamacare, because Obamacare is the conservative universal healthcare plan.  If the Republicans can't support insurance companies competing in a free marketplace to reduce costs, then they can't support anything.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/28/donald-trump-on-healthcare-if-you-like-your-plan-you-can-keep-it/

Of course, the main stream media is barely mentioning this.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:58:02 PM »

After seeing the GOP defense of excessive tax cuts as something that will create more revenue (I'm not denying the phenomenon but the effect is vastly overstated), I'm pretty sure the new attack against universal health care is not only are we saving money initially by not having it, we are saving money in the long run by having people die as soon as their careers are over so we don't have to pay out entitlements! What a money saver!

The party of life!
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 07:03:55 PM »

Sounds like what we already have. Most people on private plans and Medicaid for poor people.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »

After seeing the GOP defense of excessive tax cuts as something that will create more revenue (I'm not denying the phenomenon but the effect is vastly overstated), I'm pretty sure the new attack against universal health care is not only are we saving money initially by not having it, we are saving money in the long run by having people die as soon as their careers are over so we don't have to pay out entitlements! What a money saver!

The party of life!

Um... so? Every other first world state has had this added since the end of World War 2- it's time for the US to move on and end the corrupt insurance companies.

Come on you guys, deal in facts, not fantasy!

1. Health Care

http://www.latimes.com/la-oe-tanner5apr05-story.html
http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/grass-is-not-always-greener-look-national-health-care-systems-around-world

2. Taxes

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 07:57:17 PM by smilo »

A. You didn't provide results on Obama, you just laughed. Of course they will be lower on account of the sluggish global economy, but by how much? I believe we did hit $3 trillion last year so it's not exactly delusional fantasy in spite of the struggles.
B. I said I support tax cuts. We should be finding the revenue maximizing point so long as its not on the backs of the poor. It's just a matter of where that point is. I supported the George Bush tax cuts. I don't support stupid plans like Paul's.

C. Kennedy and Reagan cut from 90 and 70% respectively which are laughably on the right tail of the Laffer Curve. 40 is debatable and unlikely to be.
D. Interesting how that study leaves out the Carter years...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies