It's make or break time for Jeb Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:52:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  It's make or break time for Jeb Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's make or break time for Jeb Bush  (Read 1695 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »

I find it incredibly troubling that one has to be a great speaker to become President of the United States. You have to be able to articulate a message and communicate once elected, yes, but not everyone is Ronald Reagan.

Jeb Bush is where he is because people are angry right now, probably more angry than they were under Jimmy Carter. Bush is telling people to be happy and optimistic, and in the end I think they will be, but right now they are angry and the outsiders are tapping into that anger. But Jeb Bush is the anti-Obama in this election; he has a conservative agenda, a conservative record, and he is an honest guy. But people are fed up and don't realize that Bush draws the starkest contrast not just on the stump, but in having an actual record, with the Democrats.
1. THANK GOD.
2. By telling all Black People that they only vote for Democrats for "free stuff". Yeah, that's a real coming-together moment.
3. I don't know what an "Anti-Obama" is, and I don't want to. But if anyone would be the "Anti-Obama", It would be Jindal.
4. There, I may agree with you on, he actually does have a record of 8 years of leadership on a swing state. But that 8 years ended 8 years ago, with him only winning that seat, 4 years prior... That's a pretty big leap to run on.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »

From the article,
You must be logged in to read this quote.

My god the Bush team is delusional. Jeb will never win over the Conservative base no matter how hard you try to push him onto others. I've literally never met a Jeb supporter in real life that was a solid conservative. Go to any Conservative website and read the comment section and find a Jeb supporter. They don't want him.

Jeb Bush is not trying to win over the base, he's "losing the primary to win the general."

That means Jeb is running as an independent, eh?  At least if you take it literally it does.

Jeb Bush is not the most conservative Republican running, but he is not the most moderate one running either. It's just the perception.

I find it incredibly troubling that one has to be a great speaker to become President of the United States. You have to be able to articulate a message and communicate once elected, yes, but not everyone is Ronald Reagan.

Jeb Bush is where he is because people are angry right now, probably more angry than they were under Jimmy Carter. Bush is telling people to be happy and optimistic, and in the end I think they will be, but right now they are angry and the outsiders are tapping into that anger. But Jeb Bush is the anti-Obama in this election; he has a conservative agenda, a conservative record, and he is an honest guy. But people are fed up and don't realize that Bush draws the starkest contrast not just on the stump, but in having an actual record, with the Democrats.
1. THANK GOD.
2. By telling all Black People that they only vote for Democrats for "free stuff". Yeah, that's a real coming-together moment.
3. I don't know what an "Anti-Obama" is, and I don't want to. But if anyone would be the "Anti-Obama", It would be Jindal.
4. There, I may agree with you on, he actually does have a record of 8 years of leadership on a swing state. But that 8 years ended 8 years ago, with him only winning that seat, 4 years prior... That's a pretty big leap to run on.

1. Yeah I guess job growth, less poverty, and the downfall of the Soviet Union did suck
2. The media and leftists love taking things out of context, that isn't what he said
3. The anti-Obama is someone who is accomplished, can work with others, is honest, believes in free markets, and believes in a strong national defense.
4. So, Reagan left office in 1975 and was elected five years later, this is 8 years, not that big a difference

1. Yeah, I guess negotiating with terrorists, tripling the federal budget, and vetoing a Anti-Apartheid act all really saved America.
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99BLqRAZweg - Totally didn't say that. Totally taking that out of context.
3. That's really just naming any semi-moderate Republican. Plus some of that is pretty opinionated.
4. Well, he ran in '76 and got quite a following that boosted him to victory in '80. Bush had no following, and would not if his father and brother had not been president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies