It's make or break time for Jeb Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:17:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  It's make or break time for Jeb Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's make or break time for Jeb Bush  (Read 1708 times)
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« on: September 28, 2015, 08:22:07 AM »

From the article,
You must be logged in to read this quote.

My god the Bush team is delusional. Jeb will never win over the Conservative base no matter how hard you try to push him onto others. I've literally never met a Jeb supporter in real life that was a solid conservative. Go to any Conservative website and read the comment section and find a Jeb supporter. They don't want him.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:45:11 PM »

There is a basis for his candidacy. Our country is headed in the wrong direction on a variety of fronts and we need someone with a proven record of reform who can turn it around. Jeb Bush has those skills, he was in business and served as Governor of one of the largest states in the country where he fundamentally reformed government.

Chris Christie has not been a great Governor. He was handed a very difficult situation and while he did some good things in his first term, his second term has been a complete disaster. He's increased debt, corporate welfare, and he's failed to cut taxes.

John Kasich believes that the Supreme Court is the ultimate authority and I don't think Americans want someone who spent 18 years in Washington D.C. at a time when congress has historically low approval ratings, the people want someone who is either an outsider or at least a fresh face. 

This is unfair to Christie. Both Florida's legislative chambers have been under control of the Republican Party since 1996. In New Jersey, Democrats have a 60-40 percent advantage over Republicans in both of New Jersey's legislative chambers. Isn't New Jersey a very liberal state in general? Which would lead to very liberal Democrats in their legislature that wouldn't want to compromise even with a moderate conservative like Christie? Chris Christie has never struck me as a liberal RINO or anything of that nature when I listen to him in debates or read his public issue statements. Jeb was simply in a much, MUCH better position to bring about Conservative reform than Christie ever could.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies