It's make or break time for Jeb Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:42:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  It's make or break time for Jeb Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's make or break time for Jeb Bush  (Read 1698 times)
MisSkeptic
United States

« on: September 28, 2015, 08:23:01 AM »

Not yet, but it's getting there. I think by Thanksgiving, he'll need to make his move in the polls.  That being said, I think the nomination is still his if he wants it. He's got the $$$ and the machine behind him.  Sometimes if you're in the media's eyes too long, you go stale.  Perhaps this is a calculated strategy?

He just blew a huge portion of money on his latest ad campaign in Iowa and New Hampshire, and the money is starting to dry up plus he has been falling in the polls for the last couple of months. If this is part of his strategy, it's clearly failing.

I agree. If the race for the Republican nomination was not only smaller, but a shorter one than Jeb could easily get conservative voters and think tanks to rally behind him.

However, since not only are there way too many Republican candidates, Jeb Bush has to compete with other candidates who's campaigns are very similar-pro-life, faith, etc-which just starts to sound too similar and unoriginal to voters who are looking for something new to sink their teeth into.

Also, Jeb comes across as too awkward during the debates; which millions people around the world get to see what the Republican party has to offer for the 2016 election, and the world if they get elected President.

Which is why someone like Donald Trump comes across so popular with so many people. This doesn't mean everyone loves him, but he's able to express himself without looking like he doesn't want to be there.  
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »

At this point it's still up in the air who will become the nominee. Before I did agree with everyone Jeb Bush will be the nominee, but I now think someone like Marco Rubio will have a greater chance than Bush now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies