If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be  (Read 70095 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 12, 2017, 08:11:48 PM »

A repeal of the Second Amendment.

Only active duty army and active duty police (and you could argue the latter) should be allowed to have guns. We don't need militias anymore.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:35:31 PM »

A repeal of the Second Amendment.

Only active duty army and active duty police (and you could argue the latter) should be allowed to have guns. We don't need militias anymore.
And what exactly happens to the hundreds of millions of firearms currently in the USA? And the millions of people who'd rather be shot defending their guns than have them taken away?

I'd propose paying people off in exchange for their guns. Like a gun buyback.

As for the millions of people who would rather be shot...either draft them into the military, where they can use a gun (as long as they're there anyway), or just give them what they want and shoot them if they won't surrender their guns peacefully.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »

You completely ignored the rest of the quote... I also suggested drafting them into the military, where they would be allowed to use a gun to their heart's content as long as they're there, or paying them sizable sums of money to buy the guns from them.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »

You completely ignored the rest of the quote... I also suggested drafting them into the military, where they would be allowed to use a gun to their heart's content as long as they're there, or paying them sizable sums of money to buy the guns from them.

Your endgame, if needed, is still the mass murder of US citizens if they don't comply with being disarmed.

You would have another civil war on your hands in a hurry.

As much as I disagree with you on everything else, on this we can agree. what NewYorkExpress is talking about is an amazingly horrible idea.

I wonder if he'd be willing to shoot me ...

Not in person, obviously... and I don't believe it will be necessary, if you pay citizens enough to hand in their guns.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »

Fix the size of the Supreme Court at nine Justices.
Then how am I - er, we going to stack the Court when we come to power?

Another question with that is what the time period is when a vacancy occurs at which point it would have to be back to nine?  What if hearings and votes are happening, but the president and Senate cannot come to an agreement on any candidate?

That's exactly what recess appointments where designed to address.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 09:55:13 AM »

Two changes:

Repealing the Second Amendment.

An amendment making replacing the Vice President, in the event of such an event occurring, no longer subject to House/Senate confirmation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies