If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be  (Read 70139 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« on: November 19, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »

I would do

Amendment to ban discrimination based on race so we can finely repeal the civil rights act.

Amendment to bring back school prayer and the Ten Commandments in school class rooms

Amendment to make house seats term limited to 8 terms but I would make it that you can come back after 6 years have passed since your last term

Amendment to make senate seats term limited to 3 terms but that you can come back after 6 years.

Amendment to ban abortion in all cases.

And finally repeal all of the 14th amendment it has in some ways ruined American with Birth right citizenship abs causing the rights of the states to be ruined because it caused school prayer to be taken away took away states rights on marriage and took away the rights of the unborn.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:49:16 AM »

I would do

1} Amendment to ban discrimination based on race so we can finely repeal the civil rights act.

1} I'm not sure what you mean. The last clause in Section 1 of the 14th Amendment is the Equal Protection Clause, which has always been interpreted, correctly, as a ban on racial discrimination by state governments. Do you want to adopt an amendment that bans racial discrimination by private enterprise the way the Civil Rights Act does?

As you point out, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 depends not upon the 14th Amendment but upon the Commerce Clause for its Constitutional basis.  I'd guess he wants that placed on a different footing so that the Commerce Clause might be gutted (or reined in depending on your POV.)
Yes mark right now I honestly think the civil rights act is unconstitutional so it needs to be put into the constitution.

Also yes convention of states is great I hope to see it done one day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies