Brazil Municipal Elections, October 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:33:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazil Municipal Elections, October 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Brazil Municipal Elections, October 2016  (Read 12791 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2016, 05:04:29 PM »

Results by neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro.
http://especiais.g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/eleicoes/2016/apuracao-zona-eleitoral-prefeito/rio-de-janeiro/2-turno/

I have never seen before a so strong reverse income gap. Marcelo Freixo, the left-wing candidate, did well in the upper income neighborhoods, and Marcelo Crivella, the right-wing candidate, did well in the lower income neighborhoods.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2016, 05:27:15 PM by Mike88 »

http://especiais.g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/eleicoes/2016/apuracao-zona-eleitoral-prefeito/rio-de-janeiro/2-turno/

I have never seen before a so strong reverse income gap. Marcelo Freixo, the left-wing candidate, did well in the upper income neighborhoods, and Marcelo Crivella, the right-wing candidate, did well in the lower income neighborhoods.

I think religion was the main factor. The fact that Crivella is a IURD guy, was very appealing to poorer voters. More educated and wealthy voters know how IURD is and works, so they could never support a candidate like that. Maybe it was a difficult pill to swallow, but Freixo was more acceptable to them.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »

Overall, very good results for the PSDB. Very good indeed. The PT appears to have begun a downward spiral.

Buritobr, who do you think has the best chance to became the PSDB candidate in 2018, and probably President? Neves or Alckmin?
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »

I think religion was the main factor. The fact that Crivella is a IURD guy, was very appealing to poorer voters. More educated and wealthy voters know how IURD is and works, so they could never support a candidate like that. Maybe it was a difficult pill to swallow, but Freixo was more acceptable to them.

Sure. Most of the middle class voters chose the "lesser of the two evils". There were ones who voted for Crivella, because they though that the left was worse. There were ones who voted for Freixo, because they though that the pentecostal evangelical church was worse. Many middle class voters nulified their votes.
I voted for Freixo not because he was the lesser of the two evils. I voted for him because I though that he was the best candidate. I voted for him in the first round too.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2016, 05:53:43 PM »

Overall, very good results for the PSDB. Very good indeed. The PT appears to have begun a downward spiral.

Buritobr, who do you think has the best chance to became the PSDB candidate in 2018, and probably President? Neves or Alckmin?

Alckmin is in a much stronger position. All of his candidates won the elections for mayor in the cities in the state of São Paulo. Aécio Neves' candidate João Leite lost the election in Belo Horizonte.
Besides, Operation Lava Jato hurted Aécio.

I think that the runoff in 2018 will have two candidates born in the small town of Pindamonhangaba: Geraldo Alckmin and Ciro Gomes.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2016, 06:04:32 PM »

Alckmin is in a much stronger position. All of his candidates won the elections for mayor in the cities in the state of São Paulo. Aécio Neves' candidate João Leite lost the election in Belo Horizonte.
Besides, Operation Lava Jato hurted Aécio.

I think that the runoff in 2018 will have two candidates born in the small town of Pindamonhangaba: Geraldo Alckmin and Ciro Gomes.

I also think Alckimin is stronger, although i rooted for Neves in 2014, the Lava jato scandal is, like you said, hurting him very much.

Don't you think there's a possibility of Lula running again? Because, i think that if Lula doesn't run, the PT, probably, has to support Ciro Gomes and they may freak about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies