Proposals Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:31:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposals Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposals Thread  (Read 21274 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« on: October 08, 2015, 07:40:34 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »

I would like to propose the first matter of discussion be a concrete agreement on the number of regions that will exist in the new Constitution.
A thread will be opened soon.
Delegates can continue to propose matters of discussion, but I prefer to not face all these matters at the same time. It would be chaotic.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »

I'd like to have a thread on a "blank slate" clause that would wipe out all current legislation - the fabled legislative reboot.
What do you mean?
Are you referring to the legislative system (the Senate, its composition)?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:54:09 AM »

I started various threads on the following matters:

- Structure and size of the Senate;
- Structure, size and powers of Presidency and Vice Presidency;
- Powers of fed. govt (Senate) and reg. govts;
- Federal elections (President, Senate);
- Number of regions and regional governments;
- Diplomatic relationships with other countries;
- Wiping current laws.

I don't want to overloop a lot of matters, so threads about ban of holding offices and separation of Church and State will be opened in the next days, not now. I hope you'll understand.

Other matters that are inserted in the Constitution and that might be discussed soon (if delegates want):

- Separation of Church and State and generally people's rights;
- Ban of holding offices in other nations;
- Structure, size and powers of Cabinet;
- Structure, size and powers of Court;
- New Constitutional Convention;
- Candidacy and Office Holding Rules;
- Voter Registration and Voting Rules;
- Other things.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:46:56 AM »

I deleted the federal elections thread and I insterted the Senate elections part on the Senate thread and the Presidential elections part on the Presidential thread.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »

I think that wiping the existing text is the right thing to do, it's only that we divided the debate on Article I into 2 threads (one for structure, size and elections of Senate and the other for powers of Senate and regions).

I think we can wipe all Article I and then rephrase it. It's only that we should respect the current formulation.

That's my proposal:

- Thread on Structure, size and elections of Senate: wipe and rephrase Sections 1, 2, 3, 4 of Article I.
- Thread on powers of Senate and regions: wipe and rephrase Sections 5, 6 of Article I. Also we might wipe Section 7 and create another Article interely focused on powers denied to the regions, instead of keeping it in Article I (there's not a real link). Also we might insert Section I of Article VII (about Amendments, that's a Senate thing) in Article I in place of Section 7.

What do you think?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »

As of now, the current Constitution articles are under discussion:

- Article I (Senate and its powers, powers denied to regions: Sections 1, 2, 3, 4 being discussed in a thread; Sections 5, 6, 7 in another thread)
- Article II (Presidency, VP: all Sections in one thread)
- Article IV (Regions: all Sections in one thread)
- Article VII (only Section 1 about Amendment Procedure: being discussed in Senate powers thread, along with Sections 5, 6, 7 of Article I)

Not being discussed right now:

- Article III (Supreme Court and Trials)
- Article V (Candidacy/Office Holding Rules and Voter Registration/Voting rules)
- Article VI (Ethical issues)
- Section 2 of Article VII (New Convention, already changed by the Senate some weeks ago)
- Article VIII (Continuity of Government and Citizenship and Miscellaneous Carry-overs)

Also there are various amendments to the Constitution (about Cabinet for example).

You can find all here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Third_Constitution_(single_page)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 08:16:15 AM »

I would like to reiterate once again the absolute necessity of clarifying that we are drafting a NEW Constitution, not amending the existing document. The current process of offering amendments to the current text is confusing and counterproductive, tying the Convention to what all acknowledge to be a failed charter of government.

We are already wiping the content of current Constitution articles. So we are re-writing the articles.
I think we should keep a minimum the current structure (Article I about Senate, Article II about Presidency/VP, Article III about regions).
About Article I: there are sections of Article I (regional rights) that have nothing to do with the Senate, and so we might insert that section in Article III (that's already about regions).

About the Cabinet: there isn't a Constitution article about Cabinet, but there are only amendments about it. So we might create another article about that.
But let's start with determine the number of regions and regional rights.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies