Proposals Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:03:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposals Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposals Thread  (Read 21311 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« on: October 08, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »

I'd like to have a thread on a "blank slate" clause that would wipe out all current legislation - the fabled legislative reboot.
Seconded
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »

I'd like to have a thread that guarantees that the Atlasian Constitution is above all foreign charters, treaties and agreements.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »

To avoid cluttering the convention with two dozen or so threads dealing with minute details of the Constitution, I would propose opening five main "mega-threads" on the following subjects:

1. The Regions (consolidation, devolution, powers held by the Regions vs. the feds, etc.) NOTE: ALREADY CREATED
2. The Bill of Rights (rights held by citizens, powers denied to the government)
3. Plan of Government (structure, size, and powers of the federal government)
4. Elections (regulations and methods for electing the federal government)
5. Transition (transferring power from the new government to the old, possibility of a reboot, etc.)

Once a rough draft has been agreed to, I would also suggest appointing a "Committee on Style" to put it all together into a concise, logical document.
Seconded.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:49:51 PM »

I'd like to have a thread on a "blank slate" clause that would wipe out all current legislation - the fabled legislative reboot.
What do you mean?
Are you referring to the legislative system (the Senate, its composition)?

No. We wipe all laws passed from the books.
So regional laws also?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »

Here is my proposal.

If we have 3 regions-

1 Judge appointed by each region to deal with regional laws. Together they also convene to form a Supreme Court to deal with federal matters. The most senior of them is Chief Justice.

If we have 2 regions-

Same setup as above, except the 3rd justice is the Chief Justice and appointed by the President with consent of the Senate.
You're really good at this Talleyrand, you have great ideas if a seat came open I'd support you getting it.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »

To make sure that none of this crap happens again like what's happened in the Midwest and now the Pacific meaning that the Governor nor the Legislature have the right to get rid of their positions or form another position without the advice and consent of the other.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies