Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:19:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in
Abortion

Immigration

Recreational Cannabis

SSM

Assisted Suicide

Death Penalty

None of the above

Other(please Specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 119

Author Topic: Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in  (Read 5726 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2017, 05:33:02 PM »

Abortion unfortunately. Not enough of these draconian obstacles Conservatives are putting up to make it harder for a woman to get the procedure are being struck down in the courts, and there are a disturbing number of people that would support forcing a rape victim to give birth to the spawn of a criminal, which in my view is, in a way,  somewhat of a "Soft on crime" position, as your giving a criminal the satisfaction of being a parent, and keep in mind said criminal can use parental laws in many states to control his victim. As far as this issue is concerned, I'm very scared for the future.

The "conservative" attitude on abortion in rape cases has nothing to do with the criminal. To conflate the snuffing out of the genetic offspring of a rapist with punishment or justice is to do either of those terms a gross miscarriage. I am unsure whether your position, or beet's interpretation of inherent misogyny in abortion opposition, is more absurd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies