Wiping all current laws. (ADOPTED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:43:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Wiping all current laws. (ADOPTED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wiping all current laws. (ADOPTED)  (Read 22425 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 31, 2015, 01:12:47 AM »

How can we wipe all laws and replace them with US laws until the point of reset? This convention isn't binding until it is in terms of affecting change, right? Wouldn't the Senate have to do such a thing, or am I misunderstanding what is being stated here?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

How can we wipe all laws and replace them with US laws until the point of reset? This convention isn't binding until it is in terms of affecting change, right? Wouldn't the Senate have to do such a thing, or am I misunderstanding what is being stated here?

I think, similar to the last constitution, the plan is just to insert a line saying something to the effect that all previous laws are repealed and so on.

Anyway, given it's been like 4 days can we have the principle vote now?

Oh, well I misunderstood. Note the word in bold: I thought someone was suggesting that we somehow nullify all of the laws right now via the ConCon (somehow), before ratification.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 04:12:50 AM »

Wait a second, are some people advocating repealing ALL laws? As in, including US laws made before 2004? Forcing us to go through the tedium of making laws for every single thing? Or have I misunderstood the last answer to that last question?

Yes, and I'm frankly surprised to not see more conservatives supporting such a measure. They're basically saying, "yeah - go ahead and give me an automatic liberal base-line from which to start over".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 01:13:40 AM »

Wait a second, are some people advocating repealing ALL laws? As in, including US laws made before 2004? Forcing us to go through the tedium of making laws for every single thing? Or have I misunderstood the last answer to that last question?

Yes, and I'm frankly surprised to not see more conservatives supporting such a measure. They're basically saying, "yeah - go ahead and give me an automatic liberal base-line from which to start over".

I like to think we're realistic enough to not want to spend months passing laws to ban murder or set up armed forces. Wink

What a shame then!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 06:49:39 AM »

Abstain
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix