snapshot poll: Is Hillary 45?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:09:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  snapshot poll: Is Hillary 45?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Hillary be the 45th President of the United States
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 113

Author Topic: snapshot poll: Is Hillary 45?  (Read 2906 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »

Ftr, most of the online betting sites give Clinton a less than 50% chance of winning.  Here are the top six on Betfair, winning individual:

Clinton 42.6
Bush 12.5
Sanders 11.4
Rubio 11.1
Biden 9.5
Trump 7.2

Some of that is from conditional probabilities that won't materialize. Biden isn't running for the nomination, so all of that basically goes to Hillary, bringing her up to 52.1. Most of the Sanders line would go to her too, and Sanders is unlikely to win the primary, which should realistically bring her to over 60%.

Well, I certainly agree that if you rate Clinton's chances of winning the nomination at ~100%, then she's more than 50% likely to win the general election.

But I don't think it is quite ~100%.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 09:43:46 AM »

Depends on the GOP candidate obviously. Rubio would beat her.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »

I bet if he's nominated, he does worse than Romney.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »

Ftr, most of the online betting sites give Clinton a less than 50% chance of winning.  Here are the top six on Betfair, winning individual:

Clinton 42.6
Bush 12.5
Sanders 11.4
Rubio 11.1
Biden 9.5
Trump 7.2

Some of that is from conditional probabilities that won't materialize. Biden isn't running for the nomination, so all of that basically goes to Hillary, bringing her up to 52.1. Most of the Sanders line would go to her too, and Sanders is unlikely to win the primary, which should realistically bring her to over 60%.

Well, I certainly agree that if you rate Clinton's chances of winning the nomination at ~100%, then she's more than 50% likely to win the general election.

But I don't think it is quite ~100%.

Do you think Biden's chances of winning the nomination and then going on to win the general are anywhere near 9.5%?
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2015, 07:39:42 PM »

YES: Hillary is now inevitable and I congratulate her pending election as first female leader of the free world

Never heard of Maggie Thatcher have you. And oh yes she was a leader of the free world in the dark days of the cold war and soviet expansionism of the late 70s and early 80s
bobloblaw
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

So which state does Romney win but Rubio lose? The only close Romney state was NC
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »

YES: Hillary is now inevitable and I congratulate her pending election as first female leader of the free world

Never heard of Maggie Thatcher have you. And oh yes she was a leader of the free world in the dark days of the cold war and soviet expansionism of the late 70s and early 80s

Margaret Thatcher sucked, dude.
bobloblaw
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2015, 08:37:03 PM »

Best thing that ever happened to the UK. She got Britain out from under the awful economy of the 1970s, gripped by inflation, state run companies and out of control unions.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 09:53:44 PM »

Best thing that ever happened to the UK. She got Britain out from under the awful economy of the 1970s, gripped by inflation, state run companies and out of control unions.

Churchill was the best thing that ever happened to the UK: Without him I think Britain might have surrendered to the Nazis
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 10:11:14 PM »

Hillary will squash him like a bug.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 10:18:13 PM »

She was a lightweight who got lucky.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2015, 10:32:40 PM »

If I had to guess....
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »

No, not unless the GOP nominates a lunatic.

That's unfortunately probably gonna happen . The GOP base will vote for a lunatic this time( Trump, Carson, Cruz, Fiorina) then let sane people like Kasich,Rubio get the nomination.

So the GOP will nominate both a lunatic and a sane person at the same time?

Did you even get what I meant, I clearly said that the GOP will nominate a lunatic over sane people like Kasich or Rubio

No, I didn't get what you meant, because I don't think it was clear.  I was legit confused by your sentence, because you seem to have left out a "rather".  I take it what you meant was?:

"The GOP base will vote for a lunatic this time( Trump, Carson, Cruz, Fiorina) rather than let sane people like Kasich,Rubio get the nomination."

I think he means that in 2016, a "lunatic" will get the GOP nomination, but someone like Rubio/Kasich will win it in 2020.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2015, 02:05:18 PM »

I'm guessing that Rubio can do a pretty good imitation of "not a lunatic" and rumor has it that Jeb can too.
bobloblaw
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2015, 04:13:42 PM »

Churchill was the best thing that ever happened to the UK: Without him I think Britain might have surrendered to the Nazis

Ok post 1945.
bobloblaw
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

Gee what does that say about Neil Kinnock, James Callaghan and the ever popular Michale Foot.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »

Gee what does that say about Neil Kinnock, James Callaghan and the ever popular Michale Foot.

Lightweights who got unlucky of course Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »

If this is a 50-50 bet (where I don't get odds), I would refuse to make the bet. The expected rate of return is way too low for me. In other words, I really don't have any idea. There are just, way, way, too many loose cannons rolling around, here, there and everywhere. There has been no more weird election cycle for POTUS in my lifetime, and that has been a very long life.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2015, 11:57:14 PM »

So which state does Romney win but Rubio lose? The only close Romney state was NC

I like how there was no response to this. If Hillary does win it's gonna be closer than 2012. My guess in a Rubio vs. Clinton race is this:

Rubio gets 301 EVs to Clinton's 237. Pennsylvania is very close.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2015, 12:43:51 AM »

I like how there was no response to this. If Hillary does win it's gonna be closer than 2012. My guess in a Rubio vs. Clinton race is this:

Rubio could also win Nevada.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2015, 01:43:27 AM »

Tagging this thread for when Pennsylvania is not close.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2015, 02:31:34 AM »

bobloblaw
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »

If it is closer, it will be the first time since 1904, that the party in power for 2 full terms got a higher % of the vote in their third attempt and won by a bigger margin.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2015, 08:58:48 AM »

Tagging this thread for when Pennsylvania is not close.

If Pennsylvania isn't close, the election isn't close. Period.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies