Oakvale for NE Senator - Thank You!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:23:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale for NE Senator - Thank You!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oakvale for NE Senator - Thank You!  (Read 1159 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:28:31 PM »
« edited: October 26, 2015, 10:06:53 AM by oakvale »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2015, 08:03:26 AM by oakvale »

Comrades!

For too long, the Northeast has suffered from the paralysing grip of drooling neo-nazis in Nyman. The far-right bloc and their stooges have dominated the Senate after the collapse of the Communist Party. The result is chaos and decay - the Senate fiddles while Atlasia burns, passing national parks legislation and meaningless trinkets while desperately attempting to lynch our beloved President Bore as a scapegoat for the unholy mess they've created.

As we speak, the reactionaries in the Constitutional Convention attempt to supress the democratic will of the Northeast, passing unconscionable jargon to prevent even the notion of self-determination for our people. Our own Governor spearheads the charge. The Northeast, the one region that has survived the Atlasian collapse, moves towards leaving the entire rotten system all together as the establishment wails and stomps, impotently passing irrelevant laws in a futile effort to crush the spirit of national liberation.

My opponent, RPryor, is a nice guy. We love RPryor. But he doesn't have what it takes. For all his talents, he has become just another faceless Senator. Another brick in the wall.

It does not have to be this way! There is another option. When I am elected as your Senator I will take decisive action to break the stranglehold of the ultra-conservatives on the Senate. With Clyde as Governor and me as Senator, the NNP team will give the Northeast a unique voice that must be heard. They will not be able to ignore us any longer. With my great friend Talleyrand and other high-energy candidates like Barnes, I will preserve the freedom of the Northeast and restore democracy to our region, and to the Senate. Let us consign the far-right to irrelevance once again.

Death to communism! Death to fascism! Free The Northeast!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 10:24:40 AM »

Question - will you build a big beautiful wall with a big beautiful door for those who repent their ways?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 07:38:25 PM »

Thank you, friends!

PROUD to stand with the movement to MAKE ATLASIA GREAT AGAIN.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 07:41:01 PM »

Endorsed
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 07:56:14 PM »

What a mature and respectful speech! I can certainly see why we need more people like you in government. Roll Eyes

Seriously, this attitude is what is killing the game, not the diligent efforts of Cris, Lumine, Kalwejt, and others to bring the ConCon to fruition. I'm not sure why you feel the need to demonize everyone who disagrees with you, but this kind of toxic rhetoric has no place in Atlasia.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 08:24:25 PM »

I can get behind anything that gets you off the Court! Endorsed!*

*Unless this is one of those conspiracies where a bunch of you are returning/running for office in an attempt to destroy and/or gum up the federal government
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »

What a mature and respectful speech! I can certainly see why we need more people like you in government. Roll Eyes

Seriously, this attitude is what is killing the game, not the diligent efforts of Cris, Lumine, Kalwejt, and others to bring the ConCon to fruition. I'm not sure why you feel the need to demonize everyone who disagrees with you, but this kind of toxic rhetoric has no place in Atlasia.

What's killing the game are bills that everyone votes on and agrees with, like the nonsense trade deal thingy with South America.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 12:09:00 AM »

As we speak, the reactionaries in the Constitutional Convention attempt to supress the democratic will of the Northeast, passing unconscionable jargon to prevent even the notion of self-determination for our people. Our own Governor spearheads the charge. The Northeast, the one region that has survived the Atlasian collapse, moves towards leaving the entire rotten system all together as the establishment wails and stomps, impotently passing irrelevant laws in a futile effort to crush the spirit of national liberation.

I signed the first referendum bill even when I had the votes to protect my veto and haven't said anything about the ConCon's attempts to deal with secession...

Regardless, even your party's leader agreed that there should be something about minimum turnout in the bill.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 02:07:25 AM »

Mr. Oakvale, how do you reconcile your support for Northeast Independence with your campaign for an Atlasian federal office?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 08:16:46 PM »

Well folks, it's still anyone's game, but it's looking good! This movement is well on course to deliver a much-deserved trashing to the Civil Partnerships Party despite the campaign of lies against the Northeast Nationalists.

Death to communism! Death to fascism! Free the Northeast!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 09:01:07 PM »

Congrats amigo! Together we will do great things in the Senate!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 09:47:16 PM »

Congratulations!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »

Comrades, friends, countrymen,

The polls have closed and it's clear that you have given me the honour of being your next Senator. I thank everyone who lent me and the Northeast freedom movement their support. You have delivered a good trashing to the forces of reaction and sent a clear message to the corrupt establishment in Nyman - you want a stronger voice for the Northeast, and I promise you that I will be that voice.

It has, it must be said, been a mixed night for those of us in the Northeast National Party. While you elected a NNP Senator overwhelmingly, the Communist Party candidate narrowly defeated by great friend Clyde, and the classic con from shadowy unionist forces defeated the independence referendum through a whisper campaign of smears and lies. I am heartbroken for Clyde, who is a towering figure in our region and a true patriot who has a bright future. I'm confident he will continue to stand up for what he believes in, and when the next time comes and the Northeast is free it will be because of Clyde's work.

Today I say this - the people of the Northeast have not said "no" to independence. They have said "not yet".

I congratulate my friends Senators-elect Maxwell and Nagas, and look forward to working with them and Senator Talleyrand to make this nation great again, hold the administration to account, and smash the corrupt, self-serving low energy system that has strangled all life from Atlasia.

The Northeast, Atlasia's greatest region, deserves only the best. Given the resounding margin in which I have been elected and the fierce urgency of the present malaise, I urge Senator RPRyor to resign his seat and allow the Governor to appoint me in order to give the Northeast a seniority advantage in the new session.

Thank you! Let's get moving!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 10:07:56 AM »

Many congrats are indeed merited, although I don't know how many I'll give out seeing as I was left off of your list. Sad

Wink
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 08:42:17 PM »

Wow, so much energy! Congratulations!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: